Brian Walsh (Commit)

Position: SG
    High School: Moon High School
    Home Town: Coraopolis (PA)
    Number: TBD
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 180

Highlights

Brian Walsh committed to Xavier on June 18, 2007.

Brian Walsh

A friend of mine in Pittsburgh saw Xavier recruit Brian Walsh play last Friday. He told me that he originally thought Walsh wasn't that good. By the end of the game, he was very impressed with Walsh. In fact, he was a little upset that Pitt didn't get Walsh.

He said Walsh can shoot from very far back (a few feet behind the 3 point line.) He also said Walsh covered the other team's best player and just shut him down. He also said that Walsh is quick enough, albeit he doesn't have lightning speed. Now granted this was a high school game where Walsh was playing against a bunch of non-D1 players, but my buddy, for what it's worth, was very impressed.

One other thing, Walsh is listed at 6'4". My friend says he's every bit of 6'4.
    Last edited by XU 87; 01-30-2008 at 07:46 AM.

That's very good news to me. He has been the one 2008 recruit that we X fans have heard least about. It's good to learn that Walsh may be another option for the Muskie coaching staff to use in future years.

It's interesting that we don't hear more about Walsh considering his offer list was more impressive than any of our recruits...including Big Frease. He wa rated much higher before sustaining an ankle injury during the summer circuit. He had offers from XU, Maryland, West Virginia, Pitt and Memphis....
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

I'm very excited about what Brian Walsh brings to the table. I know Maryland was upset they didn't land him.

I trust Sean Miller and his staff on player evaluations. It's amazing how many guys this staff is on at such an early period in the recruiting process that just blow up and become wanted by everybody.

Yeah I have been thinking the same thing, it seems like every time we start going after a recruit, he out of nowhere becomes a star.

Kudos to our fantastic recruiting. If we can keep this up, we will be hanging around the Top 25 for a long time.
    Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football and Xavier Basketball.........Doesn't get much better than that.

Last night (1/29) BWalsh brought his team from behind in the last quarter scoring 13 of his game high 25. He scored his teams last 7 points in a 56-54 win.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by taxpayer View Post
    Last night (1/29) BWalsh brought his team from behind in the last quarter scoring 13 of his game high 25. He scored his teams last 7 points in a 56-54 win.
    That is something you have to like in a player. The ability to make things happen at the end of a game. I don't think that is something that can be taught, only refined.

Sophomore

Brian Walsh

He scored 22 and had 9 boards in a 1st round playoff win last night.

Summary

Summary 2