Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tardy Turtle View Post
    So if Matta and Anti-Matta collided, would the universe collapse upon itself?
    Wanted to rep you for this but couldn't.

Everyone's ignoring 2004-2006. Why did we struggle those 2 years? Yes, injuries played a role.

Ultimately, I think you can point to a talent gap in recruiting between Prosser/Miller and Matta.

Doellman and Cage were solid. But not in the same league as West, Sato and Brown (or Crawford in the future).
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 01-27-2009 at 09:10 AM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    Everyone's ignoring 2004-2006. Why did we struggle those 2 years? Yes, injuries played a role.

Ultimately, I think you can point to a talent gap in recruiting between Prosser/Miller and Matta.

Doellman and Cage were solid. But not in the same league as West, Sato and Brown (or Crawford in the future).
    You know what's funny about this...Matta has said everything he learned about recruiting he learned from Miller. Who actually sat right next to him.

You remember in 2006 we won the A-10 title for the second time in four games in four days. Man we struggled to win.

Seriously, what's the point of this randomness? Nothing, other then to get people to respond to you. Well done.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    You know what's funny about this...Matta has said everything he learned about recruiting he learned from Miller. Who actually sat right next to him.

You remember in 2006 we won the A-10 title for the second time in four games in four days. Man we struggled to win.

Seriously, what's the point of this randomness? Nothing, other then to get people to respond to you. Well done.
    All I have to say is knobber.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    All I have to say is knobber.
    That's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tardy Turtle View Post
    So if Matta and Anti-Matta collided, would the universe collapse upon itself?
    The answer is no. But it would enlarge his schnoz.
    Balls of Steele!!

Hey Knobber.

He averaged 26 wins a season, went to our first Elite Eight and coached a National Player of the Year.

Yeah, Matta couldn't get it done.

What's next from your random mind? Top Jimmy just couldn't land the trillion dollar gift?
    Matta inherited West, Sato and Chalmers. He didn't leave Sean in anywhere close to the same shape. I think a lot of coaches could have averaged 26 wins a season with the talent that Skip left him.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Matta inherited West, Sato and Chalmers. He didn't leave Sean in anywhere close to the same shape. I think a lot of coaches could have averaged 26 wins a season with the talent that Skip left him.
    Well we should have hired you then and saved the school a ton of money.

He coached all of those players the same amount or even more then the guy who recruited them. He then left Sean a few players that were the foundation for a 30 win season.

Seriously, that's the best you got? Any coach in the country could have won 26 games? Why didn't Skip then?

I mean really. Does Sean get credit for the 30 wins, or do we say it was because Thad left him players?

This is one of the things I can't stand about Xavier fans. Still bitch and make up stuff about Matta. We had one bad season where we won 17 games with a first time head coach and 20 years from now people will act like Thad left Sean X-Band, Glow, Nuts and ATL.

We need a new forum called "The Tool Shed". And Guy needs to have his posting rights restricted to that forum. Keep the tool in the shed.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Well we should have hired you then and saved the school a ton of money.

He coached all of those players the same amount or even more then the guy who recruited them. He then left Sean a few players that were the foundation for a 30 win season.

Seriously, that's the best you got? Any coach in the country could have won 26 games? Why didn't Skip then?

I mean really. Does Sean get credit for the 30 wins, or do we say it was because Thad left him players?

This is one of the things I can't stand about Xavier fans. Still bitch and make up stuff about Matta. We had one bad season where we won 17 games with a first time head coach and 20 years from now people will act like Thad left Sean X-Band, Glow, Nuts and ATL.
    Show me where I said any coach in the country could have done it.