Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    From Scout

There are lots of ways to remain under the radar. Getting snowed out is pretty unique but it's happened to Middlesex and junior standout Rod Odom a few times this season.

Odom's coach, Jamie Gallagher, sees a wealth of potential in his budding standout. Not only has he grown quite a bit in the last year, Odom is on the verge of taking the next step.

"Not only does he have something to prove, he wants to prove it," Gallagher said. "He wants to show what he's got. I think a lot of schools saw him over the summer but now that he's 6-8 … even the mechanics on his jump shot have improved."

Boston College, West Virginia and Seton Hall have offered the New York native. Stanford is showing strong interest. Ditto for Arkansas and Xavier. Georgetown, the Ivy's, Virginia and Memphis are dabbling.

"I should be going down and visiting schools during March break," Odom said. He'd like to see Stanford, Seton Hall and West Virginia. Memphis and UVA are on his list of must-see schools as well.

"Right now he gets to the rim," Gallagher said. "He's really slick and he can attack. With our other post guy we run high/low but in the open court when he's going to the rim that's what he does best."

http://www.newenglandrecruitingrepor...News-Notes.php

• Rod Odom continues to be a priority recruit for lots of big time colleges. Xavier became the most recent school to offer him a scholarship a couple of weeks ago joining Boston College, West Virginia, Seton Hall, Rutgers, and Holy Cross. The coaching staff from BC has been particularly attentive, being present at three different games this month. Georgia Tech head coach Paul Hewitt and assistant John O’Connell were both at Middlesex’ practice on Tuesday night and Virginia and Villanova were up last week to catch a game. Harvard, Stanford, Providence, and Memphis were all at the Middlesex/St. Mark’s game 10 days ago.
    Balls of Steele!!

The coaching staff from BC have been particularly attentive.

Is this any surprise since Middlesex is practically in Boston?

Princeton, Harvard, and Columbia!?!

You can get a quality education and a great basketball experience by coming to X
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

Was Rod at the game today?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy Muskie View Post
    Was Rod at the game today?
    Yes. (extra characters)

Rod Odom - 2010

Anyone know if we're recruiting this kid? I seem to recall seeing his name thrown around here before. He was unranked and now with Rivals updating their 2010 class, he is #44.

He's 6'8 and has guard type skills from what I've read. I read an article recently where his Dad said he really liked Xavier. The kid is super smart and has a lot of Ivy League offers, but the big boys will be after him now.

I think Odom was mostly getting attention under the Miller regime, but not so much with Mack anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Anyone know if we're recruiting this kid? I seem to recall seeing his name thrown around here before. He was unranked and now with Rivals updating their 2010 class, he is #44.

He's 6'8 and has guard type skills from what I've read. I read an article recently where his Dad said he really liked Xavier. The kid is super smart and has a lot of Ivy League offers, but the big boys will be after him now.
    Do you think the "big boys" base when to target someone off of rivals and scout rankings?

ROD ODOM VISITS AT MIDDLESEX

Sept. 11 – Georgia Tech (morning)

Sept. 11 – West Virginia (afternoon)

Sept. 11 – Arizona (evening)

Sept. 13 – Harvard (morning)

Sept. 13 – Vanderbilt (afternoon)

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/09/09/r...joseph-visits/

Obviously X hasn't been involved with him for awhile but I thought I would just update the thread for anyone who was interested.