Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Xavier offers Rod Odom 2010 6'8 guard

Sophomore
    It says on his profile he is a forward, which would be much better for us in 2010.

Now we just need someone with 'Ram' in his name.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

http://georgetown.scout.com/a.z?s=43...=1&nid=3985031

I did notice his AAU team, connection to Book, correct?

Does Coach just like focusing on backcourt for two years and then frontcourt for two?

Weatherspoon and Latham are two forwards already commited for this class, so this would be a 3rd forward. Last year Sean brought in 5 guards and a center. Next year Parrom, a forward, is commited.

This kid must be doing something right. He has half the Big East on his tail. Go X!

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/05/b...tes/#more-9827

Xavier became the latest major school to offer a scholarship to 6-8 junior Rod Odom of the Middlesex (Ma.) School, according to Rod Odom Sr.

Odom, who projects as a 6-8 shooting guard, now holds offers from Boston College, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Xavier, West Virginia, William & Mary and Holy Cross, with Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Memphis, Georgia Tech, UConn, PItt, Virginia, Stanford, Princeton, Harvard and Columbia also interested.
    Balls of Steele!!

A 6-8 shooting guard?! I know that is what the article says but that is some length.
    Rivals has him as a SF, but either way, he sounds like an athletic freak.

Wonder if he is related to R.I.'s Lamar Odom
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Given that he's been offered by half the Ivy League, my guess is no.

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post

The Odom family owes Xavier a break... Lamar's shot to beat Temple in the 1999 A-10 tourney finals single handedly kept Xavier out of the NCAA's. X was a major bubble team that year and the selection committee was only going to allow three A-10 schools in (Temple, GW and Rhody made it). Rhody wins they're in... Rhody losses Xaviers in. BULL SHIT!!!

I was in Vegas this past spring and ran into Lamar at the Ceasars Palace aquarium. He had on a ridiculous rolex, I asked him; "Did Coach Harrick get you that watch?"

I don't think he got it; I did.

It has taken almost 10 years for me to forgive him but I have, since David West lit him up for 40 and 12 the other night (Odom got hurt in the second quarter, so not really).
    "UC #1 in the country and #2 in their own city!" ~Andy Mac