ESPN's A-10 Preview

ESPN did a preview for conference play now that it has started or will be starting soon. Dana O'Neil wrote the preview and picked X to win it, and also picked UD and Temple to make the NCAA tournament.

She talks a little about Majerus, and the good wins for the conference along with the bad losses we all have been accustomed to seeing from the A-10. None of the material is too surprising but its interesting to look at considering the stage of the season that is about to begin.

I think UD should make the tournament but most of us were thinking that last year (or I could be wrong) after they finished their non-conference portion of the schedule. I think it is questionable on whether Temple makes the tournament. They have some good wins but they also have some bad losses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ana&id=3790485

Xavier's going to make it. Dayton will make it for sure if the shooting improves just slightly, and still probably makes it if the shooting holds steady. Temple probably needs 12 conference wins after that lovely loss to Long Beach State. Can get back to the 11 win mark with a win over Nova on the 29th.

ud will make the same tournament they made last year. Not smack, just my opinion.

V, what are you talking about? Dayton is 12-1. They have beat'n sum ril talints...

- Wofford (4-4) -- 52-49
    - Delaware State (2-13) -- 62-42
    - Bethune-Cookman (6-6) -- 78-38
    - Mercer (7-5) -- 71-53
    - Auburn (8-4) -- 60-59
    - Troy (5-8) -- 87-70
    - Akron (7-4) -- 54-50
    - Coppin State (2-10) -- 73-56
    - UNC Greensboro (1-8) -- 75-44
    - Marshall (7-5) -- 62-50
    - George Mason (8-3) -- 66-62
    --------------------------------------------
    Combined Record of 57-70

On a serious side, they did beat then No. 15 (now No. 25) Marquette (11-2) -- 89-75

Their lone loss is to Creighton (11-2) -- 77-59
    Xaveriana, one that bleeds blue

I'm carious what SLU fans think of Majerus (i know there are some X alumni in STL.)

I'm not a big fan of this high profile SLU hire. Majerus is getting paid a lot. And he doesn't have a lot to lose.

In my humble opinion, it's better for schools to hire a young coach with a lot to lose (there's nothing like a young family to support to give anyone a ton of motivation!!!).
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."