Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    my favorite memories was when Xavier first got into the A-10 and GW was actually good, GW's teams consisted mainly of overseas players. So every year when GW came here and we won, we would chant USA. Of course, we're not sure that they (GW) understood it, since most didn't speak much English.

Karl Hobbs' remaining tenure may be shorter than Hobbs himself.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie1000 View Post
    my favorite memories was when Xavier first got into the A-10 and GW was actually good, GW's teams consisted mainly of overseas players. So every year when GW came here and we won, we would chant USA. Of course, we're not sure that they (GW) understood it, since most didn't speak much English.
    Double OT game in 96 or 97....Alexander Khoul, Igor Misherikoff, and a few others...as each got sat down with 5 fouls in a game that actually took longer than the WFU game this year, the students chanted "deportation!"

Nevermind that the X women's team, in attendance, had like 3 players from Sweden.

So much fun and I was so drunk...

Also that last time X gave away dry erase boards as the free give away...

Think I'll have go with the Presbyterian Blue Ho's ...er...Hose.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofX View Post
    Double OT game in 96 or 97....Alexander Khoul, Igor Misherikoff, and a few others...as each got sat down with 5 fouls in a game that actually took longer than the WFU game this year, the students chanted "deportation!"

Nevermind that the X women's team, in attendance, had like 3 players from Sweden.

So much fun and I was so drunk...

Also that last time X gave away dry erase boards as the free give away...
    It was Finland, not Sweden.

I also remember Paul Daugherty chastising the students in the Enquirer for U-S-A chants as well.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    It was Finland, not Sweden.

I also remember Paul Daugherty chastising the students in the Enquirer for U-S-A chants as well.
    Is this where I become a complete @$$ and say "aren't they the same thing?" Thanks for the correction.

And Doc did write that article, but never could find the time to write a negative UC article in Huggins' prime.

By the way, Pops Meshu Bongo was at the game, and everyone went nuts.

We calmly informed everyone around us, that two our alumni would have come to the game, but they were tipping off at the Verizon Center in about an hour.

Seriously, GW is going to be the next big Ponzi scheme.

Trust me.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    We calmly informed everyone around us, that two our alumni would have come to the game, but they were tipping off at the Verizon Center in about an hour.
    Classic, DC!! LOL:D
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

It's 2011 and GW should still be ashamed of themselves for the Colonial nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortyniner View Post
    Remember when we first joined the league? First off their president at the time reportedly says that Charlotte is "Academically inferior, and unworthy of being in the A10" and then when the rest of the A10 says "STFU" and overrides his ass (I believe Bobinski was one of them, I'm not sure... but if so, many thanks to him.) he releases this official statement:
    The sweet irony here is that reports of academic shenanigans at GW began their downfall from conference champions in 2007 to the piece of shit program they are now.