Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Colonials Is The Stupidest Name In College Basketball

I cannot stand GW. Consider yourself lucky if you have not experienced those yellow styrofoam tri-corner hat wearing, Corn Pops tossing dorks that inhabit their student section.

Colonials just beats out The Cardinal as the stupidest name in college basketball. Think about what George Washington did with his life. He dedicated it to NOT BEING A COLONIAL. He victoriously lead an army against impossible odds to not be a Colonial. What a bunch of ignorant, pinko numbnuts.

Not to mention the abomination that is the inflatable George Washington and the streaking George Washington. You read that right. If the name and blow-up caricature is not insult enough, the regular mascot strips down and goes streaking across the floor.

This cannot stand. I'm not going to sit hear and let them badmouth the Founding Father of our great nation. Xavier must pummel GW into obliteration. Xavier must pound them so hard the Smith Center collapses into the swamp Foggy Bottom came from. Xavier must smack them so hard they have XAVIER - FLAGSHIP tattooed on their foreheads.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

yeah... it's so much worse than Billiken...

Having gone to an incredibly stupid number of games in Foggy Bottom,(how's that for the name of the location for the school) despite living over 400 miles from Washington DC, I must say that GW is horrific in numerous categories.

A) Ugliest floor paint and design of any major college team. Boring blue and, I guess gold that is the same color as the wood floor.
    B) Worst fight song ever: "Hail to the buff, Hail to the blue, Hail to the buff and blue". What? I'll hail a chick in the buff, but that's it.
    C). A ridiculous sounding horn that sound like a 1958 Studebaker.
    D). Juvenile triangle shaped foam hats that are just stupid looking.
    E) Not one, but two ludicrous looking mascots of the Father of our Country that make him look like either a cartoon character, or a emaciated crack addict on Minnesota Avenue with bad head lice.
    F) The most uncomfortable seating in major college basketball.
    G) A glorified "Tom Gola Arena" for a home gym.
    H) No parking availability around the place.

"Foggy Bottom." Reminds me of an old girlfriend- after a bong hit.

We must kick their traitor a$$es by 30 points.

I can't say I would be fond of the mascot.
    Talent on loan from God

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    At least you people have never seen the Hippo mascot that also runs around at the GW games (I went to the XU-GW women's game a day after the men's XU-Charlotte game in 2006). That thing is just as frightening as a mascot who wears a suit that even the Hawk mascot thinks is old.

Besides, we know that MOR can never get enough of the GW fight song in his mind.

Screw GW. Even when they are good they suck. Dominate the league for two years and manage an 8 seed, a 12 seed, and one win. Way to lead the conference.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Those numbnuts had a UPS "What Can Brown Do For You?" sign behind the basket. He can D-Bag your dumb asses, that's what.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Those numbnuts had a UPS "What Can Brown Do For You?" sign behind the basket. He can D-Bag your dumb asses, that's what.
    That sign was at the end where DBrown did a monster throwdown. If some sharp photographer had a good angle of that and the sign- its a sure fire winning poster!

I'm trying to recall the XU-GW game Xband referenced. I'm having trouble differentiating it from all the other women's games I've never seen.

I stand by everything I said in January.