Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Jeremiah Davis

Ht: 6-2 Wt: 180
    Position: PG, SG
    Year: Class of 2011
    AAU Team: Indiana Elite/Team Indiana
    High School: Muncie Central HS (Muncie, IN)

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs....html#comments

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...7064%26fhn%3d1

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

Talking

Cronin will be at UC for at least two more years and maybe three because of the dire financial situation athletically at UC. That's why he's not getting the axe this year after that disasterous losing streak at the end last February.
    As far as the early commit is concerned, I'd like to see a rule stating no player can publicly commit to sign an LOI at any college until he has completed the first semester of his junior year.
    That said, I would also like to see the only and early signing date moved up to May 1 and end May 31 and eliminate the early signing period in November.
    That would drastically reduce the recruiting costs and cut down on the bullsh!t of a coach having to recruit kids in the 7th and 8th grades. It would also prevent a lot of the cheating that continues to go unpunished, especially among the Big 6 conference schools..See IU and Connecticut.
    In addition, I would like to see ALL contact with prospective student athletes banned until the second semester of their junior year. Let coaches evaluate but make no contact during the first semester of the junior year.
    And I would still like to see severe limitations placed on the AAU spring and summer leagues, if not get rid of them altogether. Replace 'em with summer skills camps and severely restrict those.
    I know this is really a pipe dream but I would like to see the NCAA rules manual rewritten, simplified and the rules universally enforced without prejudice or bias.
    Think of it. Coaches would be forced to spend a greater part of the off-season and summer at home or on vacation with their families, thus reducing stress and the need to cheat as well as saving programs a ton of money.
    But by the same token, I'd like to see most restrictions on off-season coaching reduced if not eliminated. Keep the players in school for much of the summer as Xavier already does, let the recruits as well as veterans take classes during that time and let the coaches supervise workouts in the gym for all but say the month of August, when the players have to return home for a vacation period.
    Something is going to have to be done to reduce the cost of athletic programs overall and I think this is the best way to do it. The AAU (read shoe and apparel companies would bitch but so what. It's time for Sonny Vacaro to retire, anyway.:D