Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skyline

62 76.54%
  • Goldstar

19 23.46%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Freshman
    i've always gone with skyline and defended them to the death over goldstar since before i can remember, but it seems like the past year or so skyline just hasn't tasted the same. Store bought skyline is still great but at an actual skyline it tastes watered down or something, not very good at all anymore, i've actually been eating more goldstar then skyline recently.

Talking

:D Cincinnati Chili on Vine near 7th (building and chili parlor gone) was best.. Then Empress fresh, not store bought. Then a tie, between Camp Washington Chili and Gold Star...What ? No Skyline. Nope, violently allergic to it...seems as though they mix chocolate and a stronger amount of garlic in their chili and it does horrible things...like wheezing, coughing, nose stopped, eyes red and puffy and I'm crying before I heave it out. As a result, haven't had any in 15 years and never will again. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    People south of the river are inbred hicks!
    Yes, because the river is the dividing line of sophistication. You are the mouth breathing epidomy of ignorance and I feel sorry for any offspring that would have the misfortune of being hampered by your deficient genetic makup.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Yes, because the river is the dividing line of sophistication. You are the mouth breathing epidomy of ignorance and I feel sorry for any offspring that would have the misfortune of being hampered by your deficient genetic makup.
    Wow, somebody takes things a little too seriously. Lighten up, Francis. (FYI - if you're going to claim someone is the epitome of ignorance, you might want to learn how to spell the word "epitome.")
    Last edited by Xman95; 12-13-2008 at 04:03 AM.

Cincinnati chili is nasty no matter what brand name you put on it.

I voted for Skyline, but I like them both. I often times think that Goldstar gets a bad rap. Their chili is thicker and just as good as Skyline but they just aren't as popular/numerous so people assume they are worse. They had chili cheese fries first and not all the Skylines have them yet so that is a positive for Goldstar.

Again, this is from someone that prefers Gold Star over Skyline, but Skyline's SkyFries are a joke. I love Gold Star's chili cheese fries.

Quote Originally Posted by xubball93 View Post
    Cincinnati chili is nasty no matter what brand name you put on it.
    Just a stab in the dark here...are you from the Cleveland area? It seems 'nati chili never quite caught on in the land of the Cleves. I know a store would pop up every now and then, but it seemed to be gone within a year. I figured at least the one in Parma would make it! Hell, even a pierogi shop, appropriatedly named Parma Pierogi, made it there for a good while. In fact, fat Billy (Clinton) stopped in there during an Ohio trip. Maybe that's why it eventually went out of business a couple years ago. People knew it was tainted.

die hard skyline..never even had goldstar and refuse so ever try it. anyone ever had prc's?

Quote Originally Posted by xu11 View Post
    die hard skyline..never even had goldstar and refuse so ever try it. anyone ever had prc's?
    That's quite open minded of you.

I'll go to Skyline for: 4-way

I'll go to Goldstar for: coneys, cheese fries, tex mex chili.