Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skyline

62 76.54%
  • Goldstar

19 23.46%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    At the Flying J buying a severed lion's head
    Texas style chili by far is superior, but the poll was about Skyline vs. Goldstar so I won't even get into other types or even varieties of Cincinnati chili. I usually get Goldstar in the airport during a layover just to satisfy the craving, but Skyline is ALWAYS my first stop when I come to town. My in-laws live out near Harrison and I always stop to get a jumbo four way before going to their house. It is a bit watery, but that's why you get extra oyster crackers. Damn this thread. I want some Skyline now. I'm gonna stink up the bus to Pissburgh because I'll be loaded up on Skyline. You have been warned.

You need to have a "Cincinnati Chili Sucks" option in there.

Texas chili is most definitely where it's at. Big chunks of meat and vegetables beats runny, watered down chili over noodles with 46 oz of shredded cheese on top any day.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    You need to have a "Cincinnati Chili Sucks" option in there.

Texas chili is most definitely where it's at. Big chunks of meat and vegetables beats runny, watered down chili over noodles with 46 oz of shredded cheese on top any day.
    Wrong. Very

Texas chili and Cincinnati chili are two different types of food in my opinion. Texas chili is eaten as a dish on its own, while you cannot do that with Cincinnati chili. Because of that, I do not think it is fair to compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Texas chili and Cincinnati chili are two different types of food in my opinion. Texas chili is eaten as a dish on its own, while you cannot do that with Cincinnati chili. Because of that, I do not think it is fair to compare them.
    My thoughts exactly
    Balls of Steele!!

Waggy i want rep pts for provoking this thread.
    Last edited by XUOHTX; 12-15-2008 at 04:01 PM.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

I would agree that Texas Chili and Cincy Chili are two completely different dishes. No one outside of Cincy recognizes Cincy-style chili as real chili. Having said that, I like both and I have been in Cnicy for about 20 years now and I get the "Skyline" cravings on a regular basis.

I think it's time to make my first batch of Texas Chili this week with the weather turning cold again.
    Zip'em Up!

I think the worst think that ever happend to "Cincinnati Style Chili" was calling it chili. If it was called something that didn't have the word chili in it, we wouldn't have this stupid texas chili argument. They are not the same dish any more than sashimi tuna and canned chunk light tuna are the same.

Having said that, beans are foul. They are mushy, tasteless and cause gas. What the hell is up with that?
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Cincinnati chili is essentially an elaborate condiment or sauce. Really, how often do you eat just a bowl of Skyline?

When you make chili, it is a meal in itself. When you have Cincinnati chili, it is like relish to hot dogs or marinaira to pasta.

I have the sophisticated palate to enjoy all varities of chili.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Cincinnati chili is essentially an elaborate condiment or sauce. Really, how often do you eat just a bowl of Skyline?

When you make chili, it is a meal in itself. When you have Cincinnati chili, it is like relish to hot dogs or marinaira to pasta.

I have the sophisticated palate to enjoy all varities of chili.
    I think its more in the realm of marinara or alfredo sauce.

I do know some people who eat just Cincinnati chili but they also possess the palates of 8 year olds. They are the type of people who get chicken fingers at every meal when they eat out.