Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Game is on CSTV (Ch. 176 on Time Warner in Cincy) at 8:00 tonight. Who's going to burn my eyes more - Rick Majerus in his black turtleneck or Bruce Pearl in his orange blazer tonight?

After reading that article and trying to get the picture of Majerus dropping his towel in his hotel room out of my mind, I'm afraid I may never eat again.
    Hey X Band, do you have to subscribe to CSTV or am I just getting screwed as I do on a regular basis by the clowns over at TWC?
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinthebox View Post
    Hey X Band, do you have to subscribe to CSTV or am I just getting screwed as I do on a regular basis by the clowns over at TWC?
    You have to subscribe to it, but, you also get other Fox Sports channels, I think. (171-173 on TWC, I think.)

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    If you subscribe to the Sports Tier for Time Warner (costs about $4-$5/month), you get the following channels:

170 - Tennis Channel
    171 - Fox College Sports Atlantic
    172 - Fox College Sports Central
    173 - Fox College Sports Pacific
    174 - Speed/Fuel Channel
    175 - NBATV
    176 - CSTV (National)

I would strongly advise that you also double-check with Time Warner if you were to order both the Sports Pack and the ESPN Full Court package to make sure that certain games don't get blacked out. I subscribed to the Sports Pack last year when Xavier was in the Paradise Jam and their games against Villanova and Alabama were on FCS Pacific.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Those are just the stations that show up on the Sports Tier (separate subscription). Channels like ESPNews, ESPN Classic, and ESPNU are all in the basic digital tier. I wish they would add Versus soon to at least the sports tier; I'm one of the posters out there that does miss the occasional NHL Game of the Week.

There's also the ongoing negotiations to add the B11 Network to the Sports Tier/Basic Digital Tier, but I wouldn't expect that channel to be added for at least another year or two.

The sports tier for about 3-4 bucks is worth it. I kicked myself for not getting it earlier.
    Talent on loan from God

What an awful week to be ranked in the A-10. Losing to teams like we did is not good. We keep beating each other up, it's going to cost us a bid or two.

This is shaping up to be quite an interesting conference race.

URI is lucky they got that jump shot from Jimmy Barron in the final seconds to beat the Mighty Dukes at home. Otherwise they would be looking at 0-3 to start the league.

What a bloodbath the A-10 is this year.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I was at this game last night and the first half was real ugly on both sides. This is what every SLU game is like however. SLU plays very good defense but struggles constantly on offense and it seems be contagious to the other team. A lot should be contributed to SLU's defense and some to the pace of the game. SLU is giving up 57.5 points per. Pretty good. But their offense isnt any better at 57.7 per. SLU will be able to beat anyone n this conference, but at the same time, be a team that could lose to anyone one this conference. The 2nd half of the game last night was much better, but I was very close to falling asleep in the 1st half. I was telling some friends last night how amazing it is the difference of watching a SLU game and watching an XU game. Hopefully come Feb. 7th, also my birthday, I will be able to see XU win here at SLU for the first time since I have been gong to school here and snce SLU joined the A10 2 years ago. No class the next day means I will be hammered either drinking in happiness or drinking away my sorrows. Anyone coming here for the game? GO X!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

A chance at three bids may be out of the question if the league beats each other senseless.