Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Looks like I'll be eating at Zips on Wed.
    Had the Mt. Carmel Copper Ale at zip's last night. Ladyfriend had the Oberon. They're different beers, certainly, but I thought the ale killed the oberon. I think Oberon is overrated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Had the Mt. Carmel Copper Ale at zip's last night. Ladyfriend had the Oberon. They're different beers, certainly, but I thought the ale killed the oberon. I think Oberon is overrated anyway.

I do as well. I can see why people like it... but it's not for me.

I had a SN Torpedo last night with dinner.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I do as well. I can see why people like it... but it's not for me.

I had a SN Torpedo last night with dinner.
    Torpedo is freakin phenomenal. I'm surprised I haven't seen it around more, although biggs carries it. Pretty much everything that company puts out is excellent.

I haven't been drinking much beer lately. I think I'm going to have a few beers tonight.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

I might stop and get a sixer of some good beer on my way home. Maybe even splurge for the Hopslam
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I might stop and get a sixer of some good beer on my way home. Maybe even splurge for the Hopslam
    I love IIPA's. Trying to get my hands on some Pliny the Elder or Pliny the Younger...to no avail.

Terry's Turf Club had Hopslam last time I was there a few weeks ago. I had two and felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Terry's Turf Club had Hopslam last time I was there a few weeks ago. I had two and felt good.
    Hopslam is THE best beer in the world. Belmont Party Supply in Dayton still had some as of a couple of weeks ago. The 17.99 price for a six pack kills me though.

I just finished off my last couple of Victory Hop Wallop. Very enjoyable.

Anyone had Great Lakes Nasferatu? I love that stuff when it comes out in the fall.

I had a miserable experience at Terry's the last time I was there. Service was horrible, place was overcrowded, and we got overcharged.

I can only imagine it's going to be worse now that the Food Network rated it the best burger in Ohio.

It's a great burger, but not worth the hassle, in my book. It's pretty expensive, and the fries are horrible. I got turned on to Terry's before Polly Campbell wrote her first story about it. The burgers were $4. It was awesome.

Like Yogi says, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

I didn't get any beers last night. I instead got to drop $150 on flowers and dirt at Lowes. Yay. Though I am proud of myself for remembering to get the spare propane tank refilled before both of them ran out. Like last time.
    -Matt McCormick

I am a firm believer in the double propane tank storage. A friend of mine turned me on to it and it was definitely worth the $65 one time shot for the additional tank. Nothing worse than having to run to the gas station in the middle of a grill session.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo