Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I am looking forward to getting home this evening. The Breckenridge Christmas Ale is calling my name.
    I was checking that out at the store. Very tempting. Let us know how it is.

Just finished off a six pack of it. It's good, one of the better winter/Christmas brews out there.

I went to the Hop Shop last night and picked up some single bottles of various holiday time beers. They were out of the Great Lakes. But they'll call when more is in.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I was checking that out at the store. Very tempting. Let us know how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Just finished off a six pack of it. It's good, one of the better winter/Christmas brews out there.
    It's not bad, but I was expecting more out of it. Though it is exceptionally smooth for a 7.4% beer, I kind of want my Christmas Ales to 'warm me up' a bit. I think I prefer the Great Lakes Christmas. The small batch (471) double IPA Breckenridge puts out is so outstanding, I wanted the Christmas ale to live up to that . On the upside, the Steelhead was a pleasant surprise.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

I might have to reserve my full judgment on the beers until my cold fully clears up. I'm having Breckenridge Ale #2, and it's much more enjoyable than the first one was yesterday.

I'm 9 days into this cold. It sucks.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Hops have good medicinal qualities from I've heard, but it sucks when you can't enjoy the beer to it's fullest. I hate drinking a quality brew when I can't really taste it.

I'll be drinking a couple of Two Hearted Ale's tonight during the game and probably finish the night off with a Founder's Breakfast Stout.

First off, I have to say that Donna's really did have the coldest beer in town. (I haven't been down that way in years, is Donna's still in business?)

Second, two beers that are outstanding and, for some reason, many people haven't had them: Corsendonk and Chimay (style doesn't matter, they're all good).

Bump. How does a thread about beer fall to the 5th page around this place?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I'll contribute:

I tried that new Gorda's in Norwood where the old Tropical Bar was. Fantastic half pound gourmet burgers for $6.50 with steak fries and a pickle included. But thats not why you came to this thread, is it?

I asked what they had on draft, it seems like they have an extensive beer list of standards, micros and some import, but only two draft selections. Hudy Delight, and they had something called Hibernation Ale by Great Divide.

I tired the Hibernation Ale for $4.75, Alex.

Color is a dark brown, like an ale. Flavor was interesting, not unpleasant, but interesting. According to the Beer Advocate its 8.8% alcohol. They have one I was tempted to try called "12 Dogs Of Christmas" just the name of that alone peaked my interest.
    - David Bowers ('95)

This weekend I dusted off a few Christmas Ale's (GL) and they were outstanding. Really interesting/different taste. Also sampled Goose Island Mild Winter. Not as much taste as other Winter Ales, but pretty smooth. Tasted great with the tenderloin the wifey whipped up.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo