Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    That stuff is the chronic. They have it on tap at zips. With that said, i can only drink one or two of them.

Looks like I'll be eating at Zips on Wed.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    That's a good idea. I tried it one time on mushrooms, and I can't say it went all that well.

Oh wait. That says Wed. Nevermind.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Great discussion. I'm a huge hophead. More often than not, the hoppierthe better for me.

Some of my favorite IPA's and Double's are Bell's Two-Hearted Ale, Bell's Hopslam, Victory Hopdevil, Great Divde's Hercules, Hoppin Frog's Mean Manalishi, Stone's Ruination, Three Floyd's Dreadnaught, Bear Republic's Racer 5.

If I had to choose my favorite though, it's gotta be Bell's Hopslam. That is like nectar from the gods.

And you know what the best thing about Dayton is? Belmont Party Supply, easily one of Ohio's best beer stores. It's one of the better beer stores in the entire midwest.

Their selection is awesome and you can buy singles of just about everything they have. It's a great place for serious beer lovers.

This time of year, when it's freezing cold out, I love to sip on a really good Imperial Stout. That'll warm ya up.

Anybody tried the Winter Bourbon Cask Ale offering from Michelob? Mrs. Brew and I love 'em (a little heavy though, stomach hurts when drunk). Also, Morlein (sp) makes a darn good winter brew and in the fall I love the Sam Adam's Octoberfest. However, when I'm travelling out West, nothing beats a Fat Tire or Firestone and in the East it has to be Yuengling. However, I can't get it in ME (the wife's family has a place there), so I get to sample the mutlitude of Micros there. They are all delicious and definately taste great with a lobster roll and plate of steamed clams.

What do you guys think of Euro beer? To me, a half and half is unbeatable (the English version, aka black and tan is a disgrace to me :))

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post

Free advertising for BJ.....they have Great Lakes Christmas Ale at Dana's....I had 3 of them before the Auburn game....needless to say I didn't need any $6.00 Bud Lights during the game...nor would I have wanted one.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Great discussion. I'm a huge hophead. More often than not, the hoppierthe better for me.

Some of my favorite IPA's and Double's are Bell's Two-Hearted Ale, Bell's Hopslam, Victory Hopdevil, Great Divde's Hercules, Hoppin Frog's Mean Manalishi, Stone's Ruination, Three Floyd's Dreadnaught, Bear Republic's Racer 5.

If I had to choose my favorite though, it's gotta be Bell's Hopslam. That is like nectar from the gods.

And you know what the best thing about Dayton is? Belmont Party Supply, easily one of Ohio's best beer stores. It's one of the better beer stores in the entire midwest.

Their selection is awesome and you can buy singles of just about everything they have. It's a great place for serious beer lovers.

This time of year, when it's freezing cold out, I love to sip on a really good Imperial Stout. That'll warm ya up.
    Sorry for the double post....but I couldn't agree more with this post....in terms of a great stout when it snows...I got a Bear Republic Black Bear Stout last night....it was mother's milk....where is this Belmont Party Supply store of which you speak? My beer shopping mainly takes place at River's Bend Wine & Spirits on 48...occasionally I'll hit Jungle Jim's....but as a resident of Lebanon I often have to remind myself that I'm about 15 mins from Dorothy Lane Market on 741 that has a decent beer selection....please...tell me more about this Belmont Party Store...much appreciated...

Oh...and my fave stouts....Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout...sweet Jesus.....Stone Russian Imperial Stout....Victory Storm Imperial Stout....Great Lakes Blackout Stout....Alesmith Speedway Stout....so, so many. As I type, I'm enjoying my third favorite type of beer (behind IPAs and Stouts), the Tripel IPA....love Houblon Chouffe....beer guy at River's Bend out of the blue ordered me a Stone Cali-Belgium IPA...its like a tripel and its wonderful...not Houblon Chouffe wonderful...but darn close.

I digress...Belmont Party Supply, you say?

Belmont Party Supply is located on Smithville Road in Dayton, just about 10 minutes southeast of downtown Dayton. It ain't pretty on the outside, parking is limited, not a ton of room inside, but you won't be disappointed once you start looking around. It really is a hidden gem of a place.

A couple of links.

Their website:
    Belmont Party Supply

Ratebeer.com gives it 5 stars, Worldclass status.
    Some customer reviews:

Ratebeer.com - Belmont Party Supply

If you make it over there, come back and let me know what you think. By the way, that's a great stout list you got. I've got one Bell's Expedition Stout left. So good.
    Last edited by X Factor; 12-07-2008 at 11:35 PM.

This stupid thread cost me about $150 tonight. Stopped in the Party Source on my way home. Most of what I dropped was for hostess gifts for the Christmas Party season. Picked up a bottle of 1921 Tequila, which until recently was unavailable in this country. I was turned onto this tequila in Mexico, and it always brings back happy memories. The blanco is currently featured at Party Source for $26.99, which is an outstanding price. I also grabbed a couple bottles of 30/30, one for me and one for a gift. The prices on these are coming back up, as the "feature" price on the reposado is $18 for a 750 ml. Picked up some gin for gifts and personal use as well.

Back to the topic of this thread though, grabbed the following:

Breckenridge Christmas ale ($8.59) (7.4% ABV)
    Dogfish 60 minute ($9.99) (6.0%)
    Dogfish 90 minute (4 pack, $10.79) (9.0%)
    Mad River Brewing Steelhead IPA ($9.79) (8.6%)
    Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale ($8.19) (6.8%)
    Mendocino Imperial IPA ($8.69) (7.5%)

The party source gives a 5% mix/match discount off 4 or more 6-packs, and KY doesn't charge sales tax on alcohol sales, so that $9.99 shelf price for the dogfish is actually $9.49 out the door. On this side of the river, that same $9.99 shelf price is $10.65 out the door.

I already know I like the dogfish, and I'm familiar with the Sierra Nevada Celebration, but the rest of them will be new to me. I can't wait to dig in. Unfortunately, I'm still recovering from last week's cold, so I think I'm going to hold off at least one more night.

Edit: I should also mention that I noted the 120-minute for sale at $8.49 for a single 12-oz beer. That's a lot. Over $200 per case. Yowsa.
    Last edited by Kahns Krazy; 12-08-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    This stupid thread cost me about $150 tonight. Stopped in the Party Source on my way home. ...
    Wed and shopping don't mix. It lowers the inhibitions.

I am looking forward to getting home this evening. The Breckenridge Christmas Ale is calling my name.
    -Matt McCormick