Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_x View Post
    I actually live about a minute from the new Dogfish head restaurant....I try to make it over there at least once a month. They serve a 75 minute ale, which is a 50/50 mix of the 60 and 90...very tasty.

HOLY CRAP!!! I bet that is good...and probably a little dangerous. I like 90 Minute A LOT, but at the same time, its a lot of beer. I can only drink about 2 or 3 of them and I've had my fill....60 Min I could drink all night. So 75 min is a hoppy smooth drinking beer with a higher ABV....man, if its popular enough, I hope they bottle some of that....

a 75 minute ale sounds Delish (delicious). I'm going to drink some fireside nut brown tonight while watching football. I know Leiny's may not be hardcore enough for some, but it's nicely priced depending on what you're looking for.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    Neither of which you have offered me recently.

xu95
    It is strange, I owe all these people beer, but I can't recall having so much beer bought for me?? Wierd! Oh well, next time I see you the first beer is on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    And both of which you owe me...
    I do? What the hell...I will buy you one too the next time I see you. I was going to buy you a drink at the Auburn game but they don't sell Nyquil a the Cintas Center.

Tis the season to get Nuts to buy you a beer. I think I owe Vee one too for no good reason. One of these days I am going to show up for a Xavier game and collect on the good will I pay forward. I will need a cab home and might puke before the end of the game, but it sounds like fun to me.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

I actually live about a minute from the new Dogfish head restaurant....I try to make it over there at least once a month. They serve a 75 minute ale, which is a 50/50 mix of the 60 and 90...very tasty.

DC is it the one that is in Gaithersburg? That is where I used to tread, I recommend you step in there for their French Dip sandwich.... unbelievable sir... unbelievable
    Honey, I love how our sex is quick and effective. I'm quick.... and you're effective.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!! I bet that is good...and probably a little dangerous. I like 90 Minute A LOT, but at the same time, its a lot of beer. I can only drink about 2 or 3 of them and I've had my fill....60 Min I could drink all night. So 75 min is a hoppy smooth drinking beer with a higher ABV....man, if its popular enough, I hope they bottle some of that....
    It is good. Like you said, it's the perfect balance between the 60 and 90. They only sell it in the restaurants. Although, I guess you could just buy some 60 and 90 and mix them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by XUfaninJAX View Post
    DC is it the one that is in Gaithersburg? That is where I used to tread, I recommend you step in there for their French Dip sandwich.... unbelievable sir... unbelievable
    There is a new one in Falls Church, VA. I've never been to the Gaithersburg spot, but I think they are pretty much the same. The food at the Falls Church restaurant is very good.

Last night, I went down to the store on the ground floor of our building to get a lime and came back with a pack of Great Lakes Christmas Ale. Those blokes in Cleveland know how to make beer. I recommend getting some this season. This store has 6 varieties of Dogfish Head, 7 varieties of Great Lakes, and an ungodly selection of other fine beers. Reading this thread led me to open two of the Christmas Ales.

Yes, Three Floyd's is in Munster, IN. Great brewery, but after trying most of their beers I now pick up Two Brothers instead.

That Sierra Anniversay Ale is surprisingly good, very hoppy.

If Dogfish Head opened an alehouse in DC, I now regret ever moving from DC.
    Last edited by American X; 12-06-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: kant spell
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

It is good. Like you said, it's the perfect balance between the 60 and 90. They only sell it in the restaurants. Although, I guess you could just buy some 60 and 90 and mix them yourself.
    Homer: Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebrau?

Apu: Such a beer does not exist, sir. I think you must have dreamed it.

Homer: Oh. Well, then just give me a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Last night, I went down to the store on the ground floor of our building to get a lime and came back with a pack of Great Lakes Christmas Ale. Those blokes in Cleveland know how to make beer. I recommend getting some this season.
    That stuff is the chronic. They have it on tap at zips. With that said, i can only drink one or two of them.

RD, totally agree on the GL Christmas Ale. I normally start with one of those, then move on. I'm not a fan of the snifter style glass though.

I like most of Great Lakes' beers. Their IPA, however, is not one of my favorites. There are so many good IPAs out there.

I think Magic Hat does a decent job of blending styles of beers. They make some tasty beers that straddle the line between two beer styles. They have not figured out the high ABV category, and are therefore forbidden from Garvin's icebox.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

What'd you all live on during your time at X? For me it was Keystone Light. Can't beat 30 stones for 12 bucks! Instant party.....