Page 15 of 115 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    I did a little shopping last night. I have a fridge full of hoppy deliciousness now.

Seirra Nevada Torpedo
    Harpoon Leviathan IIPA
    Founders Double Trouble

A couple others I can't think of offhand. I'm looking forward to the end of the workday.

I actually picked up the Founders Triple IPA that runs $24 for a four pack, but that seemed rediculous so I put it back.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I did a little shopping last night. I have a fridge full of hoppy deliciousness now.

Seirra Nevada Torpedo
    Harpoon Leviathan IIPA
    Founders Double Trouble

A couple others I can't think of offhand. I'm looking forward to the end of the workday.

I actually picked up the Founders Triple IPA that runs $24 for a four pack, but that seemed rediculous so I put it back.
    You can't find Torpedo here in Indy right now. But it is good. I actually picked up some Bell's Oberon a week or so ago (first time ever), so I'm wading my way through that.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Seirra Nevada Torpedo
    Harpoon Leviathan IIPA
    Founders Double Trouble

Where do you do your beer shopping?

Founder's Double Trouble is excellent, but I've never tried the Harpoon Leviathon or Seirra Nevada Torepdo.

I had Founder's Triple IPA, Devil Dancer, on tap at their brewery taproom last week. Absolutely delicious! They were selling 4 packs there for 19 dollars which seems like a bargain compared to 24 bucks. Obviously they can keep the cost down when they don't have to ship it out.

I am currently drinking a Founder's Cerise. An interesting change from what I usually get. It's fermented in cherry barrels (at this point I can't remember what I read on the label so I could be wrong).
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

One of my favorite things about traveling is getting beers that aren't available locally. I was in Chicago this past weekend and had a few. The Bitter Woman IPA from Tyranena Brewing Company in Wisconsin was pretty good. Not awesome, but pretty good. Then I had a Daisy Cutter from Half Acre brewery in Chicago. This beer was amazing. There's a quick writeup here..

It looks like as of right now, they have no distribution outside of Chicago, but if you're up there, I'd recommend finding it. I had it at a place called Hopleaf, which had 40 beers on tap and another 200+ on the beer menu. It might be my new favorite place on earth. http://www.hopleaf.com

How has there been no beer discussion for over a month?
    I live right by Hopleaf. I was there last night and tried the Daisy Cutter...great beer. I also had a Great Lakes Dortmunder and a Delerium Tremens (one of my personal favorites).

I found a place just south of Dayton, in Moraine, called Chappys Tap Room and Grille. I was told they have been open for about 2 years now, but I've never heard of them until just a couple of days ago.

I decided to check them out tonight and was really surprised for the better. Living in the Dayton area, there really isn't anywhere a craft beer lover can enjoy a quality beer besides buying your beer at Belmont Party Supply and drinking it at home.

The only other place in Dayton that I would recommend would be Southpark Tavern, located on Wayne Ave. in Dayton. It is quickly becoming the best beer bar in Dayton. They now have 18 beers on tap and a probably 50 or so bottled selections.

Chappys had 30 beers on tap and about 75 bottled selections.

Tonight I had a Southern Tier Unearthly IPA, a Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard, and then finished the night off with a Hoppin' Frog Boris The Crusher Oatmeal Stout. They had all of these beers on tap, and all there three were really good. They also beers from Goose Island, Bell's, Avery, Bear Republic, Dogfish Head, New Holland, etc. on tap.

Overall, I am just glad Dayton has a place to sit and enjoy a good craft beer. Their food was pretty good as well.

Meijer [of all places] is advertising a sixpack of Roscoe's Hop House Pale Ale [also an Amber Ale] for $6.99. The ad says "Hand Crafted in Small Batches". Anybody know about or had this beer? Is this local micro like a Mt. Carmel?

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Where do you do your beer shopping?

Founder's Double Trouble is excellent, but I've never tried the Harpoon Leviathon or Seirra Nevada Torepdo.

I had Founder's Triple IPA, Devil Dancer, on tap at their brewery taproom last week. Absolutely delicious! They were selling 4 packs there for 19 dollars which seems like a bargain compared to 24 bucks. Obviously they can keep the cost down when they don't have to ship it out.
    Party Source. I work in Covington, so it's nearby. I also hit Liquor Direct from time to time for wine and liquor and occasionally beer. They are known to have some great close-outs. For example, I picked up a case of the Magic Hat spring sampler for 10.99 there.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

I'd highly suggest that you guys check out Party Town's "Rye 75" from their growler station. If I recall, the cost was like $6 if you bring your own growler. It's really good stuff. Has a IIPA taste, but the rye gives it an interesting "spice".

Another good one I've tried recently was 3 Floyd's "Gumball Head". Technically it's a wheat, but it's the hoppiest wheat I've ever tasted. VERY good beer. I liked it better than "Dreadnaught".

One more thing...I've heard sooooo many great things about "Pliny the Elder". Finally got my hands on some. It's very good, but don't go out of your way to get it. It's got nothing on Hopslam or Double Trouble.

Deep. This team is deep.

The most informative thread I've ever started, certainly read. Keep the reviews, the beer and the info flowing, gents. All most appreciated.