Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Feast of Saint Francis Xavier

December 3rd is the Feast Day of Saint Francis Xavier, marking the date of his passing in 1552.

Let us pause to remember the remarkable life of the patron saint of our outstanding university. Pray for wisdom, patience, and the vanquishing of our opponents.

Eternal gratitude to Father Hoff, Father Graham, and the many Jesuits for their tireless work.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

St. Francis Xavier, pray for us! I think only Go and bourbonman will get that, unless there are other Lou St. X grads out there I am missing.

Regardless, like AmX said, take time out of our busy days to remember St. Xavier and all he stood for.

American X:

Good thread. I was about to post the same info that today is the feast day of Xavier's Patron Saint. Your words were infinitely better than what mine would have been.

Also, what a coincidence that tonight we play Auburn and Saint Francis Xavier is famous for driving the tigers out of China.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I'd settle for driving them out of Cintas.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Also, what a coincidence that tonight we play Auburn and Saint Francis Xavier is famous for driving the tigers out of China.
    Saint Francis Xavier never even made it to China. He died on a small island off the coast. The Chinese didn't even allow Europeans to step on their soil at that time.

Weeeeeelllllllllexcuuuuuusssseee me

Happy Feast of St. Francis Xavier Day

Just thought I'd throw a shout out to St. Francis Xavier for being one of the greatest all-time saints. His service to others and love of the Church is what keeps me hanging on as a Catholic in these days when being a Catholic isn't so easy. Plus, if it wasn't for him, would we have our beloved Muskies? I don't think so:)

Junior
    Amen. Awesome Saint. Amazing patron.

Another amazing Patron:

"Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick