Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The arena is in the middle of nowhere. You will have to drive to get to any place good. About 10 miles a way is a Rainforest restaurant. I thought it was pretty good.

xu95

I believe they've changed the format slightly for more guaranteed match-ups this year.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I know last year you guys had more of a tournament set-up but did you guys just have the 4 teams there?

The last 2 home games vs Bethune Cookman and Mercer are part of the Chicago Invitational and then the 2 games in Chicago vs Aurburn and Marquette.

I believe Mercer, Bethune Cookman, Chicago State, and Texas Southern play the early games and play a tournament. And then N. Iow, Marquette, Dayton, and Auburn get guarantee games.

Thanks for the advice on the Rainforest Cafe. I went a while back and had a great time and will make it back this year.

There were 4 smaller college (although still Div. 1) teams who played each other, and 4 major college teams who did likewise. Last year, the winners played for the titles (both divisions) and the losers played for 3rd place. Not sure how it will work this year.
    We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.

wanted to see if you guys had any good places to eat / do and what not.

Last year we drove up on Thanksgiving and had Thanksgiving dinner at Harry Caray's in Rosemont, about 30 minutes from where we stayed in Elgin. Reservations are necessary! Nice buffet dinner, with turkey and all the trimmings. Pretty reasonable, too, from what I remember - about $20 per head.
    We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.