Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Who?

Stanley Who?

Admit it. It's kind of fun to finally have shooting guards who can shoot.

That being said, Stanley played great defense, had great passion, blah, blah, blah...
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

We are undefeated since being rid of that grandstander.

I'm going to give you rep points, even though you are being sarcastic.

Lavender and Burrell were solid guards.

But if X ever wants to get to the Final Four, they will need a pair of gaurds who are more offensively explosive (in the mold of Chalmers and Sato....Stephon Curry also comes to mind).
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

You two are a match made in heaven.
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

I think Xavier can get to the Final Four with a distributor like Drew. I wouldn't have minded watching Lavender and Crawford play together.

Great win over Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And let me say, Stanley Burrell played with amazing heart. He's a great defender.

Oh wait, Burrell didn't play against Memphis. Actually a group of gaurds who will prove to be much better than Burrell played tonight. My fault.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    Great win over Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And let me say, Stanley Burrell played with amazing heart. He's a great defender.

Oh wait, Burrell didn't play against Memphis. Actually a group of gaurds who will prove to be much better than Burrell played tonight. My fault.
    Stan never airballed a free throw. I don't see why you want to tear down a 1,000 point scorer and a team leader on one of the best, if not the best Xavier team ever.

Let's use last night's victory as yet another reminder of how much Guy Fawkes hates on Burrell. Dante didn't exactly light it up on offense and Holloway scored once from the field. They were both great this week and both have better potential than Stan in my opinion, but why should that be an issue? I'm pretty sure everyone who calls themselves Xavier fans are pulling for this backcourt to be better than any we had with Stan, but most hold out on denigrating one of our better players in school history every chance they get. It's not very productive.

I don't think you need to demean one set of guards to praise the other. We got to the Elite Eight with those guys. Not too bad.

I think Dante was trying to graze the front of the rim to eat up clock.

Come on now. Just poking a little fun at the "Stan is god" contigent still at Xhoops.

That contigent got carried away. I mean when posters talk about how they wish they were women so they could have his kids....it just went too far.