View Poll Results: How will it be decided?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xavier, by 1-5 pts

1 3.57%
  • Xavier, by 6-14 pts

17 60.71%
  • Xavier, by 15+ pts

9 32.14%
  • Colonels, by 1-5 pts

0 0%
  • Colonels, by 6-14 pts

0 0%
  • Colonels, by 15+ pts

1 3.57%

Preview: Xavier at George Washington

Xavier (14-3) vs. George Washington (5-6)

Charles E. Smith Center (Washington D.C.)
    Saturday, January 19, 2008
    8:00 p.m. EST on the Fox Sports Ohio and heard on 700 WLW

The Setting:
    Xavier travels to the Nation's Capital to take on the Colonials at the Charles E. Smith Center, which seats approximately 5,000.

Last Game:
    Xavier struggled with Temple before losing in Philadelphia. GW traveled to Fordham where they fell 66-53.

Previous Meeting:
    Xavier and GW last met on February, 10 2007. Stanley Burrell scored 19 points and Brandon Cole added 16 points (a career high) to propel Xavier to a 87-58 win. The Xavier victory snapped GW's 24 home game winning streak.

Keys to the Game:
    GW is not far removed from holding conference mate Saint Louis under 30 points at the Smith Center. It's hard to believe GW will be as fortunate against X. However, X must play good perimeter defense and keep GW's Witherspoon from distributing the ball to his teammates. X must also forget the awful offensive game played against Temple and return to what worked for them when closing out the out of conference slate.

The X-Factor:
    Xavier must end it's love affair with the 3 when they don't fall. Too many times they've continued to fire away, leaving Josh Duncan and C.J. Anderson open down low.

They definitely need to work the ball inside more. If anything, it makes the defense work, and helps get open shots inside and out.
    Talent on loan from God

I'll take X by 15, but, I think Xavier has to count on the three with the inside scorers that they have. Xavier had several good inside feeds against Temple, but, they had every one of them blocked. I don't know why a team with a big shot blocker inside can't block all of CJ's shots because they know what his range is.

I would like to see a commitment to scoring inside opening up good three-point shots.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

ooops, i picked GW by 15+ but i meant X by 15+

Quote Originally Posted by XUdomer23 View Post
    ooops, i picked GW by 15+ but i meant X by 15+
    Traitor. .
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

No worries 23, I fixed it.
    Talent on loan from God

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    I would like to see a commitment to scoring inside opening up good three-point shots.
    I agree, it seems like we are more prone to try to open up the inside game from deep, instead of vice versa.