Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MLB is a Mess

I'm actually enjoying tonight's (partial) game. While most of what's posted above is accurate and I agree with, the fact that the game is starting at 8:30 and only has a normal 3 1/2 innings left, it should probably end at a reasonable hour, I might watch this. I seldom will watch past 11 PM unless a team I'm interested in is playing. I have no interest in these teams. Just wish I didn't have to listen to McCarver's comments. (Just turned on MUTE. Solved that! )
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Now a critical question. Game started at 8:30! In the bottom of the 6th. Do they still stop selling beer when the 7th inning ends? That would be awful. :confused: Does anybody know?
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Wow! These teams came out ready to play!

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonman View Post
    Now a critical question. Game started at 8:30! In the bottom of the 6th. Do they still stop selling beer when the 7th inning ends? That would be awful. :confused: Does anybody know?
    Lets hope so because I would hate to see what happens when 40,000-50,000 drunk Philedelphians (does that make sense?) take to the streets if they win this thing.

I heard on ESPN radio tonight that they will NOT stop selling beer at the end of the 7th. They're treating it like a new event.

Quote Originally Posted by DAllen15 View Post
    http://www.accuweather.com/us/pa/phi...y=1&hbhhour=17

It was genuinely crappy here last night, and it's supposed to rain around game time tonight, but then stop around 8PM, and just be your usual overcast, chilly, very windy night for a World Series game.
    I was thinking about going to Philly but I didn't know the weather. Could you clue me in to how the weather in Philly is now?
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DAllen15
    http://www.accuweather.com/us/pa/phi...y=1&hbhhour=17

It was genuinely crappy here last night, and it's supposed to rain around game time tonight, but then stop around 8PM, and just be your usual overcast, chilly, very windy night for a World Series game.
    I was thinking about going to Philly but I didn't know the weather. Could you clue me in to how the weather in Philly is now?
    Man, that is almost as bad as when muskieman responded to a post addressed to RYUKYU. And maybe worse given DAllen's recent insistance that he is the least anonymous person on the board.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Man, that is almost as bad as when muskieman responded to a post addressed to RYUKYU. And maybe worse given DAllen's recent insistance that he is the least anonymous person on the board.
    I was just trying to find out the weather in Philly. Why do you have to read so much into it and call someone out for being a fraud? You always seem to do this when I ask an honest question.

DAllen is from Philly. We all know that. He said so himself. Don't muddy the waters with statments that he made that contradict that.

And the Muskieman defense is legendary in Xavier board lore. I think you sold that a bit short.

"Someone broke into my office and posted on my computer".

God love Special Ed, but that was an instant ESPN Classic.

To Fred Garvin's credit, the thread on which he outed DAllen was deleted. There was much more Philly stuff on that thead and Gary was in complete denial. Fred Garvin still bears the wound of that thread being deleted. It was his moment of triumph. He defaced him so badly and so completely I was in awe. Bang bang bang. You are dead.

That thread should have been locked but not deleted. That wasn't the only thread concerning Gary that has been deleted. I had nothing to do with any of them.

All I want to know is the weather in Philly. It is an honest question.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

"Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick