Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Two Years Later...

I meant to update this on the 19th but I was dodging tornadoes in "sunny" Southern California all week.

Since there is already a Redford thread running, there's not much more to say in this two-year anniversary of when my son and I watched him play in high school.

I think he has lived up to his expectations and if anything is limited only by the minutes he sees on the floor and the open looks created for him.

I will say one thing has remained true from the first time I saw him touch a basketball two years ago: Nothing raises the hair on my arms more than watching and listening to the anticipation of the crowd as soon as the ball is in his hands. I've never seen someone create so much excitement BEFORE he makes his move.

I will also say that he's a good enough shooter to score 40 points a game if an offense was designed for him to be the primary scorer. I'm not suggesting that is what Xavier should do - but I am saying he is capable of setting an NCAA record of 3-point field goals scored in one game. He just doesn't get enough shot opportunities to do it. I would love to see X take one game - maybe Fordham - and make everything revolve around Brad. Give him a chance to score 40. 50. 60. Just to see how many he can make. Set double and triple screens. I'm just curious to see how many shots he could make.

In the end, I'm just as thrilled today as I was two years ago to know he wears the Xavier colors.
    It's winning time.

Today, two years later, anytime Redford enters a game he draws pressing, often hacking defenses in which he is bumped, shoved, held and otherwise fouled. If not, he makes 'em pay.
    Most of the observations on this thread are one or two years old. I'm very satisfied with Redford to date.