Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricardo Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    So those schools aren't offering because...??

They don't know about him?
    Just because he doesn't have any offers from any of those schools, doesn't mean he isn't good enough to play at that level. If Vee Sanford is considered good enough to play in the Big East, then I don't see how you can say Ricardo Johnson isn't, especially considering Rico is 6'5 and able to run the point. I never once said he'd be a star. I simply stated he was talented enough to play at a Mississippi St or Oklahoma St and be a contributor, whether it be off the bench ; or as a starter in the long run.

It's still early in the process. Ricardo has a full senior year to impress college coaches/scouts and pick up more offers and decide where he wants to go. Right now he's just working on becoming a more complete player.

Also, it's been stated that he doesn't plan on committing until AFTER his senior season is finished. A lot can happen between now and then.

BTW, Bradley is considered to be in a high major conference (MVC) and they've already offered. The conferences are broken down as followed for basketball:

BCS- ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Big East, Pac-10, SEC
    High Major- Atlantic 10, Conference USA, MVC (Bradley), MWC, WAC
    Mid Major- Big West, Colonial, Horizon, MAC (Ohio U), MAAC, Southern, Sunbelt, WCC

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyhighschoolpreps View Post
    Just because he doesn't have any offers from any of those schools, doesn't mean he isn't good enough to play at that level. If Vee Sanford is considered good enough to play in the Big East, then I don't see how you can say Ricardo Johnson isn't, especially considering Rico is 6'5 and able to run the point. I never once said he'd be a star. I simply stated he was talented enough to play at a Mississippi St or Oklahoma St and be a contributor, whether it be off the bench ; or as a starter in the long run.

It's still early in the process. Ricardo has a full senior year to impress college coaches/scouts and pick up more offers and decide where he wants to go. Right now he's just working on becoming a more complete player.

Also, it's been stated that he doesn't plan on committing until AFTER his senior season is finished. A lot can happen between now and then.

BTW, Bradley is considered to be in a high major conference (MVC) and they've already offered. The conferences are broken down as followed for basketball:

Mid Major- Big West, Colonial, Horizon, MAC (Ohio U), MAAC, Southern, Sunbelt, WCC
    But you're saying a year from now... I'm saying right now he's a MAC level player. He'd thrive in a mid-major environment. Could he get better? Yes... But for now he's a Mid-Major type kid for a variety of reasons.

Also, I never said anything about Vee Sanford.

Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    But you're saying a year from now... I'm saying right now he's a MAC level player. He'd thrive in a mid-major environment. Could he get better? Yes... But for now he's a Mid-Major type kid for a variety of reasons.

Also, I never said anything about Vee Sanford.
    Fair enough.

The level that a kid is capable of playing at and the level that he is actually at are two commonly confused things.

What's your reasoning for thinking he's a MAC player right now?

I'm just loving the fact that we can debate whether or not a kid is talented enough for Xavier.

For 90% of schools in the country its the other way around.

Yeah I like to make up criteria, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    Yeah I like to make up criteria, too.
    Actually, my information came for a site...not just made up.

Link:
    http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/rise-...e-review-59978

Scroll down toward the bottom and you'll see where the list came from.

Actually, my information came for a site...not just made up.

Link:
    http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/rise-...e-review-59978

Scroll down toward the bottom and you'll see where the list came from.
    You do realize that anyone can write for that site right?

It's like bleacherreport.com.
    Last edited by therick44; 07-19-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Also, Ric got an offer from Marshall tonight... They are CUSA so I'll let KyPreps fill you in on to how major that offer would be.