Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricardo Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    Room to develop... Yes.

As far as X being interested... I'd say they have an eye on him, but aren't aggressively pursuing him. He says that they've been in contact since the end of the high school season, so whether that's 100% or not I'm not sure but I wouldn't doubt it.

His biggest issue is playing for the coach that he currently plays for with the AAU team. The guy is maybe the dumbest man I've ever heard speak and no one wants to deal with him including coaches and scouts.

Bottom line: He's not worthy of an offer from X at this point. This is a kid I'm around a ton and he has my cell number, so I'll know about it if he hears from X.

Rick, thanks for the info. Is Queencityhigh a free site?

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Rick, thanks for the info. Is Queencityhoops a free site?
    He can probably answer better, but I'll give it a shot:

It's QueenCityHigh.com, and it's a part of the Rivals network in the same way that MusketeerScoop.com is. There are a few people who put up stuff solely for QCH but at the same time there are a decent amount of articles that involve prospects or teams from around the area that get posted on there. (For example, if Snow wrote an article on McKenzie from Moeller, I THINK it would go on QueenCityHigh.)

There's also a message board, which I'm not sure if it is insider access only or not.

I'm sure rick can correct or elaborate on whatever I missed, but I think that's the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    He can probably answer better, but I'll give it a shot:

It's QueenCityHigh.com, and it's a part of the Rivals network in the same way that MusketeerScoop.com is. There are a few people who put up stuff solely for QCH but at the same time there are a decent amount of articles that involve prospects or teams from around the area that get posted on there. (For example, if Snow wrote an article on McKenzie from Moeller, I THINK it would go on QueenCityHigh.)

There's also a message board, which I'm not sure if it is insider access only or not.

I'm sure rick can correct or elaborate on whatever I missed, but I think that's the basics.
    Yep for the most part you nailed it.

The message boards on QCH are FREE... Anyone is more than welcome to go talk about high school sports on there. The more the merrier. We don't take it too serious and we don't get all into moderating it too much, so go ahead and trash talk.

The way the Rivals network works as AviatorX mentioned is any membersite on the network can link to anyone else's story... So as he mentioned if Musketeerscoop or Bearcatlair post a recruiting story about a local kid we can link to it. We do produce a lot of original content on there as well that other people link to...

There are premium stories that you have to be a paying member to read but if you are a premium member on any site you can read the premium features on any other site.... If that makes any sense? So for example if you pay to belong to Queencityhigh you can also read all of Snow's premium content at Musketeerscoop or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Title_BU View Post
    I do not think the the muted interest stems from how he plays basketball.
    Are you referring to his current AAU coach?

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Rick, thanks for the info. Is Queencityhigh a free site?
    BTW if anyone is interested we are offering a free 30 day premium membership trial right now... I can help you get registered if you are interested.

So for example if you pay to belong to Queencityhigh you can also read all of Snow's premium content at Musketeerscoop or vice versa.

Very good to hear considering I'm a payng memeber to Musketeerhoops.com.

Thanks for the info!
    Xavier Basketball "Unfinished Business" - Chris Mack

Just got off the phone with Ric about an hour ago.

Ohio University offered him tonight.

He's about 6'5 at best and the nice thing about Ric is he will probably be playing the point this year for Holmes. Even still he is more of a wing possibly a combo guard depending on how well he progresses on the ball.

Unfortunately for him, Mack and a few X assistants watched him Monday night when he really didn't play well. They weren't at the games on Wednesday when he really showed off his full capabilities.

I really think he is a MAC level player, but could thrive against that competition.
    Ricardo has really improved since the end of the high school season. One of the biggest things that's surprised me from the times I've seen him over the summer is how noticably stronger he's gotten when finishing at the rim. Several games I've seen him get absolutely hacked but he's been strong enough to hang and finish for the "and one."

His 3 point shot and ability to create off the dribble has also improved as well. Still has a few kinks to work out, but he's going to be tough to handle this coming year for anyone in the state of Kentucky.

I'd have to disagree that he is a MAC level player. He could easily play at a BCS or high major program. He wouldn't come in and start, but he would be a contributor off the bench and as a starter all 4 years. At a MAC school, he would come in right away and play and by the time he was a junior or senior be one of the best players in the league...just my personal opinion from seeing him probably 50 + times over the past two years.

With the schedule that his Holmes team is playing this coming season, we'll know a lot more about his game and how it translates to the next level. If he has a good season running the point, don't be surprised if some of the "big boys" come calling because of his size. I'm really looking forward to the Holmes/Princeton match up and seeing him and Jordan Sibert go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyhighschoolpreps View Post
    Ricardo has really improved since the end of the high school season. One of the biggest things that's surprised me from the times I've seen him over the summer is how noticably stronger he's gotten when finishing at the rim. Several games I've seen him get absolutely hacked but he's been strong enough to hang and finish for the "and one."

His 3 point shot and ability to create off the dribble has also improved as well. Still has a few kinks to work out, but he's going to be tough to handle this coming year for anyone in the state of Kentucky.

I'd have to disagree that he is a MAC level player. He could easily play at a BCS or high major program. He wouldn't come in and start, but he would be a contributor off the bench and as a starter all 4 years. At a MAC school, he would come in right away and play and by the time he was a junior or senior be one of the best players in the league...just my personal opinion from seeing him probably 50 + times over the past two years.

With the schedule that his Holmes team is playing this coming season, we'll know a lot more about his game and how it translates to the next level. If he has a good season running the point, don't be surprised if some of the "big boys" come calling because of his size. I'm really looking forward to the Holmes/Princeton match up and seeing him and Jordan Sibert go at it.
    So those schools aren't offering because...??

They don't know about him?