Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Braswell or Natyazhko?

Now obviously, if we lose D Brown to the NBA after the season I would love to have both of these guys commit. I don't know where we sit on either of their lists, but for the sake of discussion, who would you rather have if you could pick one?

I've seen Braswell play as an underclassman and his potential was clearly great, but based on what I've read about Kyryl he sounds like he could be a stud. He's a 6'10 guy with a jumper, who I believe Miller could turn into the next Doellmanator and beyond. If he learns to be a great rebounder and tough guy underneath, which it sounds like people believe he will, this kid should be a great college basketball player.

I know if Braswell is ready to commit, we will obviously take that and be happy, and D Brown staying would be a best case scenario, so we may work ourselves out of this, but I really want this kid whose name I cannot even begin to pronounce to be a Musketeer. We could have one of the most dangerous frontcourts around in a couple years with the addition of this guy. We may have that with Braswell too, but I just have a really good feeling about this other guy.

For those who follow recruiting more closely than I, what are our chances looking like with this kid? Does it sound serious or is it a long shot? Are we supposed to treat this as just a possible insurance plan if Braswell commits to Charlotte?

Kryl will wait til spring to make a decision, according to Brian Snow. He sounds like another Doellman/Duncan type and is highly rated by most services.

xu95 has a better idea on these things, and can probably even tell you how to pronounce the kid's name. He sounds as if he is very high on the Muskies.

I will take both, and keep D Brown. I am greedy and always expect a guy or 2 to transfer in this day and age.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

I think it would be great to have Natyazhko on the Muskie roster, even if he never plays a minute during a 4-year career. Where else could you find a giant-sized version of Eddie Haskell on a D-1 college basketball team?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm gonna go with Ivan Drago instead of Eddie Haskell. That's just me though.

I will be a terrible person for thinking like this, but I'm going to set the stage with the trappings of my warped mind.

Kyryl Natyazhko is from the Ukraine, a country best known for blondes and Chernobyl.

Chernobyl was undoubtedly the worst nuclear disaster in modern history.

Kyryl Natyazhko = Nuclear

Brad Redford has ridiculous range on his three-ball, shooting from well beyond the NBA line.

As a smaller guard, he'll be expected to not only shoot well, but also use his precision to dish out some major assists.

Alley-Oops from Redford = Airstrikes

Therefore, Alley-Oops from Redford to Natyazhko are Nuclear Airstrikes. I am a son of a bitch.
    Doomed to watch Xavier games on TV since 2008. Still shirtless, though.

Talking

I dispute you SOB-dom. You're just having fun. Anyone who takes that so seriously is in need of help. This is a chat board, for heaven sakes.:D

Kryrl is already tougher than Doellman has ever been inside the paint. And I say that as a big fan of Doellman. He's also tougher inside than Duncan when Josh was playing at his best inside the paint. That's why he's ranked so high.

We're actually in pretty good shape with him recruiting wise. Whoever his connections are with, those people are very high on Xavier. By him waiting till spring to decide may buy Xavier more time regarding D. Brown going Pro. The timing may just work out perfect. Selfishly speaking, I'd rather have D Brown another year and miss out on Kryrl.

Who would I rather have? The one who wants to verbal now. Both have alot to bring to the program.
    Balls of Steele!!

I don't really want to go into the season with an open schollie. I'll take Braswell if he's ready to commit.

Take a look at Braswell's pictures. I see alot of similarities to JLove. Kind of skinny arms, and not giant shoulders, but a wide load at the hips. Guys with those builds are generally pretty effective inside if they have decent hands.

Also, i would have to think he saw Kenny Frease on his trip. Any guy that is 6'9" would LOVE to have a legit 7 footer playing next to him. Not sure how big the frontline is at Charlotte, but he may be pegged as a center there....

Talking

I really hope and pray D. Brown stays at Xavier for a fifth year. The people I have talked to--including scouts from the NBA--say he needs a helluva lot more work before he becomes a first-round pick, let alone a lottery. Without being totally blinded by XU blue eyes, I believe Derrick need to develop the skills that will let him play a 3 most of the time in the NBA. Yes, he has hops and the NBA body but he needs to become a complete college player by playing the 4 every turn and becoming an absolute terror on defense and the boards. If he develops the talent he has and adds an 18-foot jump shot which he doesn't have on a consistent basis, the kid could be a lottery pick and make high millions guaranteed.
    Everything will depend on who comes out early this year.
    If I had a choice right now, I'd take the Braswell kid if he'd commit within the next week or two. Otherwise, I'd concentrate on the big Russian whose name I can't pronounce either.:D

Love the avatar Q. You are the grizzly bear of Xavier Nation!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"