Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tobias Harris (offer)

School: Long Island

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/wei...attling-a.html

Speaking of the Musketeers, Xavier is continuing to scour the tri-state area for talent, although they have yet to net a commitment for the incoming class of 2009. They’re aggressively chasing Parrom, as well as Connecticut forward Tevin Baskin and Rice guard Durand Scott.

They’re also hotly pursuing a collection of the area’s 2010 players, having offered scholarships to Loughlin’s Jayvaughn Pinkston, Doron Lamb (Oak Hill Academy, formerly Loughlin) and Long Island’s Tobias Harris.
    Balls of Steele!!

I would disagree that they are aggressively chasing either Baskin or Scott.

xu95

What level of interest does the Xavier coaching staff have in the recruitment of Baskin and Scott (if the levels were...
    Very Interested --- Interested --- Mildly Interested --- Uninterested)?

And what is the source of your info that airs the level of Xavier's interest in prospective players?

Comment: I'm not doubting your knowledge. I'd just like the chance to acquire access to the same source of information (assuming it isn't someone with direct ties to the coaching staff).
    Last edited by muskienick; 08-26-2008 at 03:39 PM.

MUSKIENICK,

95 has a crystal ball or something because he is usually pretty correct on these matters. However, I too would be interested.
    Balls of Steele!!

I have no crystal ball, but I do know from reading stuff on the internet (I know everything you read on the internet is true) that Baskin is not high on the list of priorities anymore. Scott's problem is he fits into a slot just taken by Crawford.

I don't think Xavier would say no if Scott wanted to come here, but I don't think they are recuiting him as hard as Parrom, Stewart, or that Russian dude that I can't spell his name.

xu95

Are the sites you use subscription? If so, which are they?

Rivals. I would highly recommend that site to anyone. And no, I'm not giving away any highly sensitive data here.

xu95

Thanks, xu95!

Talking

I know it's been said before, but the class of player Sean and his staff continue to recruit amazes me, especially when I look back at the lean years.
    It makes me very proud to see Xavier mentioned as being at the top of a young man's list with legendary powers UCLA and St. John's, as well as schools from all the BCS conferences, especially the BE.
    I know the "youtes" get gnarley when we elders recall the days when any kid who was considering UCLA or St. John's or any of the BCS conference schools didn't know who Xavier was, where Xavier was and how to pronounce Xavier , let alone think about letting a Xavier representative in his home or ponder an official or unofficial visit to campus. :D

http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/08/27/r...ngs/#more-2791

Rivals released its Top 150 for the Class of 2010

**6-8 Long Island forward Tobias Harris comes in at No. 33. He is currently on a tour of Maryland, Georgetown and Virginia (see related posts).
    Balls of Steele!!