Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Anyone know how the visit went? He's already made 1 unofficial to Charlotte, and he has us slated for our Midnight Madness, so I was wondering if anyone actually got word to any comments he made, his impressions, etc. about Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninerballin View Post
    Anyone know how the visit went? He's already made 1 unofficial to Charlotte, and he has us slated for our Midnight Madness, so I was wondering if anyone actually got word to any comments he made, his impressions, etc. about Xavier.

Niner, I would say it is 50/50 right now between Xavier and Charlotte (maybe 60/40 charlotte). Like Ari, if he doesn't commit to Charlotte during your midnight madness it looks good for Xavier.

xu95

Sophomore
    This guy would look good playing along side Kenny for three years.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t...nel=1215674518
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

I am not trying to get carried away with this kid, but about 15 seconds in, I was thinking the way he played and even his body type reminded me of someone else. About 10 seconds later, it hit me on one his dunks, that the way he plays in those highlights really reminds me of David West. I am not saying he will be anywhere near as good as David West, but I thought some of the moves and plays in the video were very similar to D West at Xavier. He would be a great addition to the '09 class and to the front court that would consist of Frease, Love, McLean, and maybe Brown.

Freshman
    It appears that Braswell is dependent on the PG to attract Braswell's man in driving and dishing to an always well positioned Braswell. This is good in that he is patient and understands the importance of positioning but not as good in that he does not appear to be creating any shots. I think that he would be great with Frease and our plethora of athletic guards, but I would like to see some more footage to see how Braswell does in situations where he has to create on his own or with a bigger man defending him. I'm not trying to degrade Braswell at all, the video shows great touch and solid play. Any more videos??

Also, what do people think of the transfer to Hargrave? As a school that prides itself on academic consistency with athletes, are there any potential issues for Braswell on the academic front? I'm not comparing Xavier to Georgetown academically, but it seems from the early responses that the grades were an issue.

It's also possible that he transferred to Hargrave because of the glut of players at his position in the 2008 recruiting class I guess.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I know he had a little trouble academically at DeMatha, his first high school, but without taking any direct shots at the Stags, I will say that I would trust that the academic environment at Xavier along with the guidance of Sr. Fleming would be enough to keep him eligible and get him graduated.

I was very impressed with the video. And I don't usually care for video highlights that much.

Sly, he did have a nice baseline drive to the basket to his left and kissed it high off the glass. That was nice. Another play the guard passed the ball harder than he should have and off to the side of Braswell. Braswell showed quick hands in grabbing it, didn't bobble the ball and put it in the basket. That was impressive. Several times he layed the ball in instead of dunking which was the smart move with players around. Another play he recieved the ball and he went straight to the basket and dunked it instead of taking one bounce to the basket and slamming it. That was more of a veteran play.

He did have academic issues but seemed to have straightened them out by going away to school.
    Balls of Steele!!

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Here are a few nuggets from this Thursday afternoon.
    Indiana will have a couple of visitors on campus this weekend, including commitment Maurice Creek and his Hargrave Military Academy Chris Braswell. Creek will be checking out his future school, while the 6-foot-8 Braswell could be the final piece to the Hoosiers' 2009 Class. He's already visited Xavier and Maryland and is looking at several other schools. At this point, I'd say either Braswell or Bawa Muniru are the likely candidates to be the final commitment for the class.
    Balls of Steele!!

Was the IU visit planned or is this new?