Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Sophomore
    Players can regret their decisions even after signing. No one ever transfers right? I would expect that he probably does regret going with UNCC over XU.

Sophomore
    Players can regret their decisions even after signing. No one ever transfers right? I would expect that he probably does regret going with UNCC over XU no matter how nice the weather is outside while he is stuck in a gym.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortyniner View Post
    LH, I believe you're a bit confused. Braswell committed here, to Charlotte... not NC Central. I can see why you mixed their name up though... for some reason ESPN continually calls them "UNCC" rather than "NCCU". Sneppah aixelsyd.
    ummm..... perhaps i am misunderstanding you, but Charlotte is definitely UNCC.

uncc.edu

Quote Originally Posted by asmithxc View Post
    ummm..... perhaps i am misunderstanding you, but Charlotte is definitely UNCC.

uncc.edu
    We've already been through this. Charlotte officially changed their name a while ago, but due to some North Carolina law, they cannot change their URL.
    Take that garbage to St. Elsewhere

They officially changed the name, but the home page of the website still refers to the institution as the University of North Carolina at Charlotte?!? I don't think so.

They did change the way they refer to their sports teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    They officially changed the name, but the home page of the website still refers to the institution as the University of North Carolina at Charlotte?!? I don't think so.

They did change the way they refer to their sports teams.
    For whatever it's worth, I figured he had more info than we did.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortyniner View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way... but UNCC is not our name.

The University officially stopped using the term "UNCC" in the 90's, under Chancellor Woodward. The Athletic Department has been just "Charlotte" since 2001. The only reason that our website still says "UNCC" is a blue law in NC that prohibits public universities from changing their website URLs.

Not trying to be nit-picky or pretentious, but we are currently pushing for a name change (to University of Charlotte) and a large part of it is due to things like this.
    Take that garbage to St. Elsewhere

I guess they stopped using UNCC and instead always refer to themselves as the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

When I lived down there, I always thought it was kind of a problem that there was no University of Charlotte. Sounds like there might be soon.