Chris Braswell | Power Forward
    Hometown: Baltimore, MD
    Hargrave Military Academy (VA)
    Position rank: Power Forward # 21
    Ht: 6'8" Wt: 220

Last Updated:8/21/2008
    Data provided by Scouts, Inc.
    Scouts Grade 89

Great body. Long arms good hands, quick feet. He can beat his defender both inside and outside. In the post he likes to spin baseline and score. He can play facing the basket comfortably at 15'. A shot blocker who rebounds well on both ends of the floor.

A very good athlete who must be more of a presence in the paint on a more consistent basis. He has a chance to dominate inside if he commits himself. He must continue to work on his 15' jumper from the high post.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/200807160093

Chris Braswell was committed to the Georgetown Hoyas and planned to star in the Big East Conference near his home in Fort Washington, Md.

Now the 6-foot-8, 230-pound forward is one of the top players available players in the 2009 recruiting class.
    Of the 20 or so serious offers, WVU and the Hoyas are competing with Pitt, Syracuse, Connecticut, Villanova, Xavier, Charlotte, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Indiana, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.*

Braswell spotted Virginia Tech, Xavier, Villanova, Charlotte and West Virginia watching him on the first two days of the Jam Fest.
    Balls of Steele!!

Sophomore
    Braswell is down to five and has scheduled his visits, starting at Xavier on 9/13.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=3845780
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

I saw this kid play my high school when he played for DeMatha. Definitely big and strong with a ton of potential, all though he was young and raw when I saw him. I think Miller could turn him into a beast though.

I can't wait for our first 2009 commitment much longer.

What made him go to Hargrave from Dematha? Grades? Just so he could develop as a player?

Dematha is a factory for basketball players, so it just seems odd that he would take another year in prep school.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    What made him go to Hargrave from Dematha? Grades? Just so he could develop as a player?

Dematha is a factory for basketball players, so it just seems odd that he would take another year in prep school.
    Yeah, I don't think he qualified academically for Georgetown, which caused him to reclassify to 2009.

Yes, from what I understand it was an academic thing which is a bit concerning considering A) Xavier's academic standards and B) DeMatha's academic standards. I don't want to badmouth the school too much, but they do not make it unreasonable for their athletes to get by in their classes. In any case, I hope he comes to XU and listens to what Sr. Flemming has to say. It's worked for several players in the past.

He might say he is down to five, but I have heard from multiple sources that he is really down to two. Xavier and Charlotte. Who knows though with teenagers.

xu95

I like the sound of this kid. A big forward for 2009.

Seal the deal.

Another question about this kid, has his ranking risen, fallen, or stayed the same as when he was coming out of Dematha?

He was ranked 84th and it has risen to 78th. Doesn't seem to be much and to be honest a little surprising that he isn't higher. My impression is that those who do the rankings keep things pretty status quo. From what I'm reading, he plays better than his ranking and he plays like a beast inside.
    Balls of Steele!!