Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyryl Natyazhko

Kyryl Natyazhko

This Guy seems to have 3 teams on his radar before Orlando (X, Miami and Baylor). However, it looks like he could have some others calling after looking good down there. The last blurb has some real good points, but I can't agree with the last sentence.

Kyryl Natyazhko, 6-10 post, 2009: I’ve heard comparisons to former Kansas big man Sasha Kaun (both are Russian and prepped in Florida), but the mobile Natyazhko is much more polished offensively, as he has solid footwork in the post, can step outside to hit jumpers and owns a soft touch around the rim.

Kyryl Natyazhko (6’10 PF Team Florida 2009)- Natyazhko, a native of Ukraine, is the best player we’ve seen in the event so far that wasn’t previously on our radar. He’s a European-style big man with a lot of skill, but he also has some dawg in him (unlike many Euro-style players) and likes to bang inside. We’ll keep you posted as we get a better feel for Natyazhko’s game, but there is no-doubt that he is a big-time sleeper.
    Team Florida big man Kyryl Natyazhko caused quite a stir at the Nike Peach Jam with his offensive game and size inside the paint. The big question, though, was just how good of a rebounder is he? He looked like a pretty good one on Wednesday night. The fast-rising big man scored with ease for his club and worked hard on the glass. Don't be surprised to see his recruitment become a dog fight in the fall.
    The 6-foot-10, 250-pound center had everyone talking after displaying an aggressive and interesting offensive game. The IMG (Fla.) big man has an array of skills when it comes to scoring the basketball. If he improves his rebounding and his defensive intensity, Natyazhko could be one of the best centers in the nation.
    I fjorda leikhluta heldu islensku strakarnir afram ad minnka muninn i 5 stig 67-62 med mikill barattu og godri hittni utan af velli. Olafur Olafsson fekk ljott olgnbogaskot og turfti af fara af velli, en naer komust teir ekki og var leikmadur Úkraníu Kyryl Natyazhko erfidur okkar monnum, enda uppa 205 cm og gat skotid vel utan af velli, hann skoradi 24 stig i leiknum og tok 13 frakost.
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

Sophomore

Kyryl Natyazhko

Keep an eye on this guy, Xavier is in the mix for him.

http://xavier.rivals.com/viewprospec...2&pr_key=84218
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Can I buy a vowel?
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...ruitId%3d67247

Interesting info from ESPN

Kyryl Natyazhko | Center
    IMG Academy (FL)
    Position rank: Center # 4 Ht: 6'10" Wt: 250

Last Updated:8/21/2008
    Data provided by Scouts, Inc.
    Scouts Grade 90
    AAU Team: Team Florida..

Aslo info from North Carolina http://hoyatalk2.proboards48.com/ind...y&thread=16925

Kentucky, LSU, Xaiver, Miami and Baylor have offered, while Vanderbilt, Kansas, Arizona State, Marquette, SMU, UCLA, and Louisville are monitoring.

7/30
    Team Florida big man Kyryl Natyazhko caused quite a stir at the Nike Peach Jam with his offensive game and size inside the paint. The big question, though, was just how good of a rebounder is he? He looked like a pretty good one on Wednesday night. The fast-rising big man scored with ease for his club and worked hard on the glass. Don't be surprised to see his recruitment become a dog fight in the fall.

7/26
    After a strong performance at the Peach Jam, Kyryl Natyazhko continued his solid play on Friday. Though his Nike Team Florida squad fell handily at the hands of Team Final, Natyazhko finished with 13 points. To get those 13 he hit a three, took his man off the bounce, and also finished athletically above the rim.

7/18
    The 6-foot-10, 250-pound center had everyone talking after displaying an aggressive and interesting offensive game. The IMG (Fla.) big man has an array of skills when it comes to scoring the basketball. If he improves his rebounding and his defensive intensity, Natyazhko could be one of the best centers in the nation.

7/13
    When a 6-foot-9, 250-pound big man runs up and down the floor with good energy and passes, shoots and stays in constant motion, coaches are going to perk up. That's what happened on Sunday morning with Kyryl Natyazhko from Team Florida.

Sure, he only scored nine points and his team lost by 19 points. But there was something about the Russian import that had people talking. All things considered, Natyazhko was the nicest high-major surprise of the day.

The big man missed quite a few shots but he looked good in the process. His jumper is solid and his understanding to find a good post position was commendable. He'll have to focus some of his energy to crashing the boards and finding other ways to impact the game outside of shooting a lot of shots. There was enough shown to warrant the interest from the likes of Miami, LSU, Baylor and Xavier.

Dave Telep's 7/13 assesment from Peach Jam:

Kyryl Natyazhko, C, Team Fla. – The Ukrainian-born center has been in the States only half a season. The last foreign big man his AAU team featured was Siberian Sasha Kaun and he turned out to be pretty tough. This 6-foot-10 center is a bull inside and Top 100 caliber prospect. Lots to like in terms of overall skill and his down-to-earth approach to the game is refreshing.
    Last edited by MADXSTER; 08-24-2008 at 12:53 PM.
    Balls of Steele!!

Just wondering, why would this guy want to come here with Frease playing ahead of him? Sure, he could possibly play PF, but he's probably looking to be a C. Seems like it would be a playing time issue. Now, if he were part of the 2010 class...

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Just wondering, why would this guy want to come here with Frease playing ahead of him? Sure, he could possibly play PF, but he's probably looking to be a C. Seems like it would be a playing time issue. Now, if he were part of the 2010 class...
    Because we put guys in the NBA. We could have our own twin towers.

Matta has had one incoming 7 footer each of the last 3 years. So it's not unheard of.
    Balls of Steele!!

Even with Frease and Love, the people advising Natyazhko think that XU will allow him to develop and showcase his talents. Miller was able to transform Doellman from a SG/SF type player into a true PF who could hold his own defensively in the paint. While Doellman and Natyazhko play different positions, I'm sure that XU has made Kyryl aware of what Xavier has to offer.

Also, a starting center usually gets fewer minutes than a starting guard, so its not as much of a logjam as it may seem.

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/feeds...-fresh-50-2009

CHN ranked the top 50 2009 prospects. Kyryl came in at #46.

Kyryl Natyazkho
    6-11
    C/PF
    NR
    IMG (FL)
    A skilled big man from Russia, Natyazkho isn't afraid to bang bodies in the paint or hit an outside jumper.
    Baylor, Georgetown, Kentucky, LSU, Miami
    Balls of Steele!!

I get the feeling that this kid is going to be a very good college player somewhere.

I'd like Parrom and Braswell to commit this weekend, but if not, we'd better stay on this kid until we get this 09 class filled out.

I know this is totally out of line and I'm a total bastard for thinking like this, but I honestly want to call Kyryl "Nukyryl (Nuke-yryl)" - as in "Nukyryl Natyazhko melted down the Dayton boards, going for 12 and 10 for the night. It doesn't seem like anyone can handle the Xavier frontcourt, getting alternately frozen and nuked."
    Doomed to watch Xavier games on TV since 2008. Still shirtless, though.