Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Non-Xavier basketball players

Which ones are you looking forward to seeing next year? Here's a short list off the cuff.

-Stephen Curry Davidson He is one very special guy, and a must player on any of my all-american teams.

-James Harden Arizona State Overshadowed last year by some other big time players in the pac-10, he apparently had a very good showing at a summer camp.

-Tyler Hansbrough North Carolina Love him/hate him....he's a beast, and I like seeing him play. I consider him a throw-back type player.

-Luke Harangody ND I'm biased, but I had to include him. You look at him, and he doesn't look the type, but the dude can flat out play.
    Last edited by Stonebreaker; 07-30-2008 at 10:43 PM.
    Talent on loan from God

Jrue Holliday (UCLA) interests me as a young, highly recruited player who joins a solid existing team.

Jimmie Binnie. I hear he is applying for another year of eligibility because he sucked so bad the first four years he is hoping they won't count them.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    Jimmie Binnie. I hear he is applying for another year of eligibility because he sucked so bad the first four years he is hoping they won't count them.

xu95
    I saw Jimmie yesterday on the north side of 275 with a lot of his orange friends.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebreaker View Post
    Which ones are you looking forward to seeing next year? Here's a short list off the cuff.

-Stephen Curry Davidson He is one very special guy, and a must player on any of my all-american teams.

-James Harden Arizona State Overshadowed last year by some other big time players in the pac-10, he apparently had a very good showing at a summer camp.

-Tyler Hansbrough North Carolina Love him/hate him....he's a beast, and I like seeing him play. I consider him a throw-back type player.

-Luke Harangody ND I'm biased, but I had to include him. You look at him, and he doesn't look the type, but the dude can flat out play.
    I'm considering hitting up the Purdue-Davidson game in Indy just to see Curry play. He had a good PG last year that graduated, so there might be a slight drop-off this year.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Yeah, that guy was VERY underrated/under-valued. He'll be missed. However, I'm not sure it'll slow down Curry that much. That dude may never make the pros, but neither did Steve Alford.
    Talent on loan from God

His dad had a nice NBA career with less game. Steve ALford played on the Western Conference Finalisr Dallas Mavericks one year stoney.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Yeah, but he was gone shortly after, which kinda surprised me. Too bad, one of my favorite college players of all time (another one being St. Johns' Walter Berry......another OUCH).
    Talent on loan from God

Austin Daye from Gonzaga

Jon Brockman from Washington

Now in Section 106 (Row L), after stints in Sections 104 and 105.
    Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post

xu95
    According to the UDPride (is that somehow a contradiction in terms?) site, Binnie has signed to play on a team in Denmark. I had no idea that traffic control was an issue there.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)