Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Awesome first post Louie. Welcome.

Mark Lyons Video

I know this is suppose to be on the "recruiting board" but lets be honest stuff gets lost over there...

Found this video on youtube, Brewster Academy vs. The Chinese Jr's team. Mark Lyons had 21 points in the first half of this game and ended with 24. He is #10

Highlights:
    (time in the video)

(1:05) Nice pass

(2:15) Dunk

(2:50) A very nice finger roll

(3:05) A brilliant pass on a fast break... The video is from far away but it still looks amazing.

There are several other clips of Mark throughout the video... Emmanuel Negedu, Mark's teammate who committed to Arizona looks like an animal in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXNFxPXUrY

Enjoy.
    "UC #1 in the country and #2 in their own city!" ~Andy Mac

Thanks for the video link Mark...IMHO, the thing I like best about Lyons is that he seems to have good body control when taking on contact. He made some real nice shots while having a guy smack him a bit. The one thing I'd like to see, and I'm sure Sean will work on, is his explosiveness. He is a highschool kid, so speed will come and it can be developed to a point, but he looks to be a good recruit.

As I said in previous posts, the future looks pretty bright.

Seems a little shy in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/user/kieran92488
    It is just what somebody thinks!

I love this kid. I say him and xuglow should freestyle battle, since glow has shown his mad skills on this board.

Cheeks!!!

Cheeks put up 26, 6 and 7 last night in a win. It will be interesting to see how the PG role plays out next year with Cheeks and Redford both playing incredibly well.
    Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football and Xavier Basketball.........Doesn't get much better than that.

Cheeks put up another 27 tonight and was named Most Valuable Player for the tourney. Can't wait to see the freshmen next year.

From what I've read, Cheeks is a true point guard and Redford is more of a two who can fill in at point if necessary. I think that the point guard job is Cheeks' to lose.

While I realize that declaring a senior in high school the front runner can be a stretch, but I have two reasons for this opinion: 1) I've read that Cheeks is very good and 2) Xavier has no other true point guards on the team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    While I realize that declaring a senior in high school the front runner can be a stretch, but I have two reasons for this opinion: 1) I've read that Cheeks is very good and 2) Xavier has no other true point guards on the team next year.
    On top of that, apparently, the teams Brewster Academy plays are at a pretty high level of competition, so these numbers are quite impressive. He also has to share the ball with Ngedu (Arizona signee) and Anthony Crater (Ohio State signee), yet is still the leading scorer.

Yeah I have seen highlights of this kid and he is sick with the ball. His handling is off the charts.

On top of that, he has great athleticism and can score a ton. I think he will probably be behind Dante at first, but move into the starting role.

He and Redford are a fantastic one-two punch.
    Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football and Xavier Basketball.........Doesn't get much better than that.