Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Mark Lyons (Commit)

Position: PG
    High School: South Kent High School (Conn)
    Home Town: Schenectady (NY)
    Number: TBD
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 165

Highlights
    Mark Lyons committed to Xavier on March 21, 2007.

not sure if this has been posted...like this kid's game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXNFxPXUrY

Mark Lyons??

Does anybody know how Mark Lyons is doing? It seems like we have a lot invested in him as a possible PG of the future, however I haven't really heard a whole lot about him. We keep hearing about Redford tearing it up, but very little about Lyons. Anybody have any insight?

My understanding is that he's having a pretty good year and that he is the favorite to be the starting point guard next year.

I've also heard that while Renford can play a little point, he is more of a two guard. Although this is a little early, there is some speculation that Renford will redshirt next year. I'm not so sure of that since that would leave X without a real backup point guard. And if we consider BJ as more of a three as opposed to a two, X would be left with three guards. (I realize that classifying guys as a three rather than a two gets a little murky and at times irrelevant.)
    Last edited by XU 87; 01-31-2008 at 12:29 PM.

3 guards? I see (5) for next year. Graves, Jackson, Lyons, Redford & Walsh

3 guards if Redford redshirts. I was thinking that Walsh is more of a forward. But if he can handle the ball then that leaves X with 4 guards if Redford were to redshirt.

Redford's shooting prowess (assuming it translates to early success in practice) will make him very difficult to RS in my opinion.

I think we're looking at a platoon of Lyons and D. Jackson at the Point. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

Sophomore
    Lyons's team is 19-2 and he is the leading scorer at 18 ppg.

I don't know much about his school, but I think it's some sort of boarding school or prep school.

Brewster Academy Results/Schedule

Brewster Stats

The 2nd leading scorer (Negudu) is committed to Arizona, I believe.

Another teammate, Anthony Crater, is originally from Michigan and is headed to Ohio State next year. He is a talented guard.

Impressive to see that Cheeks is the leading scorer on this fantastic team. I think Miller and Mack got a steal with Cheeks! I expect him to run the point next season unless Dante really steps it up in the offseason.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

He's playing in the vaunted New England Prep School League. It's by far the best proving ground for college ready freshmen. Not only is Negedu (Arizona) and Crater (OSU) on the team, Abouo is going to BYU, Trey Blue is being recruited by several MAC schools and Givon Crump is a top 100 small forward in the 2009 class. He is playing against some of the best prep schools in the country. He's played Fork Union, Notre Dame Prep (Michael Beasley went there), Patterson, MCI (home of Steve Gentry and Lenny Brown), Winchedon (you name em) and South Kent (Washington Wizards' Andre Blatche), which ironically is where Mark Lyons went last year as a junior. So he's actually played in the New England Prep School League for 2 years. He's leading a sick team in scoring and assists.

HE WILL BE THE REAL DEAL!!