adidas It Takes 5ive Classic

Xavier targets Jordan Sibert and Adreian Payne attended this camp. Sean Miller was there. Here is a summary:

Rivals - adidas It Takes 5ive Classic

Thanks for the update.

Can't help but comment on Juwan Staten's comments about UD:

Sibert's backcourt mate Juwan Staten ... commented on the status of his commitment to Dayton.

"I'm pretty much content where I am right now, but I've heard rumors that Coach Gregory might not be there when I get there," said Staten. "If that is the case, then I'll definitely look somewhere else.

"But to me it's not about going to a big school or big conference. It's about going someplace where you know you are going to get better."

Yeah, I had to raise my eyebrows a little at that last comment. I guess BG had some number-crunchers working overtime to come up with proof of that! I do give him credit for landing some pretty good recruits recently. I heard (ATF on A10 board, I think) that UD is probably #1 on Adreian Payne's list, too.

If UD lands Adreian Payne, they will have a very tough frontcourt (Wright, Benson, Payne) to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by KC4X View Post
    Yeah, I had to raise my eyebrows a little at that last comment. I guess BG had some number-crunchers working overtime to come up with proof of that! I do give him credit for landing some pretty good recruits recently. I heard (ATF on A10 board, I think) that UD is probably #1 on Adreian Payne's list, too.
    I hear UD is #1 right now. We'll see what Ratface cooks up, though. Jared Sullinger may be his best friend from what I've always been lead to believe. Plus with Florida and others showing interest, one offer can change things in a hurry.

If those schools don't offer fast enough (I don't think Payne wants to wait another full year or more, but I could be wrong) UD looks to be the heavy favorite. Can't count X out at all, though. He does have a nice rapport with Miller and company. I think his ties to BG, CW, and Staten would pull stronger. I don't know what to make of UC in the hunt. A couple local HS hoop guys I know with ties to Payne don't either. My guess would be behind Xavier, but with Mick upping the incoming talent who knows.
    Last edited by AdamtheFlyer; 07-07-2008 at 11:04 PM.

What was interesting to me was Staten's quote that he heard that BG might not be there when he showed up. We all know it isn't because another school wants him.

Adam, how hot is the seat up there?

xu95

Summaries for Day 2 and Day 3

Here are the summaries for Monday and Tuesday:

Day 2

Day 3