Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgyp View Post
    MOR:

Thanks for the history (I had thought the Who did a version of Summertime Blues). Maybe I identified it with much of the "mindless thrashing" I engaged in my philosophy classes at XU like Dr. Gendreau's Existentialism class.
    The amazing thing about Eddie Cochran is that he died at the age of 21 in a car accident while touring in England. He had another song that was covered by a famous group-

C'Mon Everybody was covered by the great rock/blues group Humble Pie in the 1970's.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Yola released a Deluxe Edition of her album Walk Through Fire which includes an exquisite cover of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I can't recommend the entire album enough.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I don’t think this is better than the original, but I really like it.

https://youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Many have probably seen it, but Prince performing Creep..

That Yola song — wow. Most of that album is Dan Auerbach doing his thing, but her voice is incredible.

I don't know if anyone here is a Mac Miller fan. I really wasn't until I heard a tribute album to him called "Good Morning" by Rayland Baxter. All covers and they're pretty good. Not saying that are better than the originals, but a cool perspective on them.

Not sure if these count as covers, but I will submit the Bad Religion Christmas Album as being one of the better complications of rock covers of traditional Christmas songs.
    Eat Donuts!

My go-to cover band is Leonid and Friends whose specialty is to cover Chicago hits. I strongly recommend you going to You Tube to watch the following: "Street Player,' 'Make Me Smile,' and 'Saturday in the Park.' "The Man" would not let me copy and paste the links here. Sorry. Their studio videos are great since the video and audio are much better than the videos taken in concert venues (of which there are many). Yes, they are Russians (but hugely talented ones)!

I forgot to mention that there is a bit of "eye candy" in many of their video. She is also very talented and has a huge following in Russia (of course) and China. She has worked solo gigs in Las Vegas and toured with Leonid and Friends on their tours of the U.S.
    Last edited by muskienick; 12-19-2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Adding a thought

Not going to read through the whole thing, but doubt if anyone has mentioned The Troggs....Wild Thing. Wild Thing was originally written as a COUNTRY song by an Austin Texas songwriter.

And then Jimi Hendrix covered it because he was a fan of the Troggs.....a cover of a cover.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 12-19-2019 at 08:35 PM.