Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Nice pick up. Sounds like the next Posey/Brown. That is unless McLean is the next Posey/Brown, but that remains to be seen. If so, then he would be the next Posey/Brown/McLean.

I digress.

Congrats Sean and staff.

ESPN is just announcing this? It happened six weeks ago (or at least within days of Parrom committing).

xu95

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    ESPN is just announcing this? It happened six weeks ago (or at least within days of Parrom committing).

xu95
    This report is new, and based on observations from a recent tournament in Kentucky which featured a number of top players in the 2010 class. Witherspoon's assessment was a part of the report on "surprise players", and the focus was on how much Witherspoon had improved since July. I take this information as an endorsement of Miller's talent-spotting skills. The future looks very bright given who is in the pipeline, and the anticipated additions to the 2009 and 2010 classes that Sean alluded to Monday night.
    Last edited by X-man; 12-09-2008 at 08:39 AM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Rivals has JD's commitment down as happening on 11/4/08.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post

xu95
    No it was a few days after Latham commited.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    No it was a few days after Latham commited.
    Latham. THat is what I meant. Thanks for the correction.

xu95

Watch JD Weatherspoon

If you've got some time and want to check out JD Weatherspoon, here is a video of a game his Columbus Northland team played at the Marshall County Hoopfest last week.

When you click on the link, at the top of the screen, you will be able to scroll over until you find the game. It's Memphis White Station vs. Columbus Northland.

Also on Northland is OSU recruit and Top 5 player Jared Sullinger.

Spoon is #24. I watched pretty much the entire game and JD did not disappoint. He hit a buzzer beater to end the first half, and then absolutely dominated the 3rd quarter. He connects on a couple of athletic shots in the lane, throws down a huger alley-oop, and then follows a Sullinger miss with a monster tip dunk. The announcers, two guys with southern accents who aren't that good, talk alot about JD. Besides Sullinger, Spoon was the best player on the court, and I actually thought Spoon looked better than Sullinger at times. I think he finished the game with 21 points.

Anyway, Weatherspoon is 6'6 with really long arms, has better than average quickness, and athletic doesn't even begin to describe him. He is in another realm of athleticism than just about everyone. And by athletic I mean explosiveness. He is 6'6 and can hammer it down with authority without taking any steps in the lane (see tip dunk).

http://www.hoopfest.wazoosports.com/ondemand.html
    Last edited by X Factor; 12-12-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Here's some highlights from Columbus Northland's game this past weekend. They played Dayton Dunbar. They won by 10 or 12 points, but I'm not sure how many points JD scored.

He's #24 with the headband. The 37 second mark is pretty nice.

JD Weatherspoon vid

Here's a few dunks from JD's game tonight against Columbus Brookhaven. He led the team with 16 points. Amazing explosiveness. He will fill the highlight reel in a Xavier uniform.

Spoon dunks

JD highlights from early in 2008-2009