Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    I seriously doubt there will be any defections. Nothing is for certain, of course, but it'd be a huge shock if all three didn't sign their LOIs in November.

I think McKenzie said he'd make his pick in just a couple of weeks.
    I doubt any of them will be questioning the coaching staff's at least 5 years commitment to Xavier.
    X A V I E R

One thing is for sure- Mack and his staff have shown very quickly that they can recruit. Now let's hope that they can develop and coach players as wella s they can recruit them.

I think we can all agree that Miller struggled on the court his first few years. And one possible reason for that is that he besides being a new coach, he started with a relatively young and inexperienced staff, including Mack. Mack on the other hand has a more experienced staff, including Kelsey, who was offered but turned down the top assistant job at Florida. So hopefully Mack won't go through the growing pains that Miller went through.

Even without knowing who will be the last recruit to the class of 2010, I am more excited about XU basketball than I ever have been before. (And that goes back to the mid-1950's!)

This news is LARGE. If they can get McKenzie in the fold as well, this class would certainly rival, if not surpass, the one from a few years back. Great work by Steele. He deserves a lot of the credit.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    Even without knowing who will be the last recruit to the class of 2010, I am more excited about XU basketball than I ever have been before. (And that goes back to the mid-1950's!)
    Nick, I am in awe, yes awe, of the recruiting that this brand new staff is doing. I thought there would be a learning curve in all aspects, because there usually is for all new staffs coming together. Not this crew. They have been together for what? 4-5 months? And X is pulling down recruits like this with an unproven staff? It is unprecedented. This kid fits a need for X exactly. I am extremely impressed.

I HATE dayton.

We didn't 'steal" him from High Point, but from an adulterous greasy fake-Catholic Big East sleazeball.

I like this one better. See, Mack got the one that "got away" from Cowboy Miller.

Damn I love X hoops.

WOW ud guy, @ #41 and a 95 he's rated higher than Sidicki Johnson. Guess you won't have to "call me out" for saying we would get a better guy lol.

I see our style of play changing drastically under Mack. The lineups he has coming in are FAST with strong point guard play. Could make for some tenacious defensive and some great transitional offense with some high flying plays. Exciting time for the Xavier Nation. Sign Mack to an extension now!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    He's now listed as committed to X (solid verbal) on Rivals.

Great pickup, congrats to Mack and staff. BEER TIME!
    Boom goes the dynamite!

This is a great pickup. Mack is not missing a beat at all. I love it!!!
    Eat Donuts!

Great commit, now let's work to get his grades to a respectable level.