Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Having other big time programs recruiting a kid doesn't put x behind the eight ball. X has done enough to compete against anyone. Depending on whether we get a 2g this year may impact his choice. Kids are looking for programs that can offer immediate playing time and X should be looking good in 2 years with Dante being a sr. and only Lyons or Walsh being jrs.

Doesn't it seem like Miami (The U) recruits a lot of guys from the area? Robert Hite is one that comes to mind. I was wondering if any of their coaches has a connection to the area or if they just like recruiting here.

From the Enquirer's high school blog:

As we reported in a previous post, Princeton senior guard Orlando Williams has orally committed to play basketball at Miami.

Princeton coach Josh Andrews said senior guard/forward Marquis Horne has offers from Bowling Green, Kent State, Miami, Marshall, Ohio University, St. Bonaventure and Western Michigan.

Junior guard Jordan Sibert has offers that include Ohio State, Tennessee, Louisville, Xavier and West Virginia. Andrews said Sibert is "in no rush to make a decision."

Jordan Sibert was just awarded 5 star status on Rivals coming in as the 18th ranked overall and 3rd best shooting guard in the 2010 class. He just enjoyed a visit to Ohio State and is still keeping XU in the mix. My gut tells me that if Tennessee goes after him he will eat it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
    My gut tells me that if Tennessee goes after him he will eat it up.

My gut tells me you read other boards.

Quote Originally Posted by A10fan View Post
    My gut tells me you read other boards.
    Especially ones where he has said "I grew up rooting for Tennessee". It doesn't take rocket science.

xu95

Sibert has narrowed his list of schools to Ohio State, West Virginia, Xavier, Louisville, Maryland, Miami and Cincinnati.

Still not a very narrow list.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

And notice that despite having an offer from Tennessee, they didn't make his final cut.

Sophomore
    Well Sibert saw enough at OSU this weekend to make a verbal. I think this was a luxury recruit for Xavier more than anything, would have been nice, but we need other positions filled in the 2010 class. We need a Center and another SF.

http://xavier.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=852893
    Last edited by xufan02; 09-20-2008 at 04:57 PM.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Sophomore
    Must have been impressed with the football team struggling to beat another inferior team.