Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/recruiting/rsci2008.htm

Kevin composite ranking is 81. His range was from 64 to 89.

What is the RSCI? The recruiting services consensus index, composed by Jeff Crume, averages out the rankings of top national recruiting experts, to form a consensus about high school basketball's top prospects.

Experts Legend
    HS = Hoop Scoop = Clark Francis
    RC = RivalsHoops.com = Jerry Meyer & Justin Young
    HM = Hoopmasters = Van Coleman & Bob Gibbons
    DT = Insiders.com = Dave Telep.
    PS = Prep Stars = Brick Oettinger
    SI = Scouts Inc (ESPN)
    RH = Prep Stars = Rob Harrington
    Balls of Steele!!

- Bob Sacamano

At 6-6 he is going to get more of a chance to play at the small forward than at "swing guard". There is that Crawford kid. Losing BJ Raymond's 3 point zone buster seems more crucial than CJ being too fast for opposing power forwards in close.

This is a problem I love to have. Nice find on the article.

I never understand why they call CJ a "swingman." heck during the pre-game for one of the games on the CBS station, they we're talking about his inside out game.

CJ is a pure PF with ONE move. He drives straight to the hoop, no baby hook, no jumper, no fadeaway. That said he's REALLY effective at that one move.

Sophomore
    Hettel, he also has a pivot and reverse pivot to be fair.

What make Anderson D-1 worthy is his INCREDIBLE ability to finish from any angle, his anticipation skills off his own misses, and his physical strength. He does handle it pretty well too. When he takes a shot he is an animal until the ball goes through the strings.

He is D-1 deficient in Size, 3 pt range, mid range, ft shooting, and athleticism.

If he wasn't just uncanny in his ability to finish he'd play D-2 ball.
    ________
    Ford Ka history
    Last edited by stophorseabuse; 01-27-2011 at 02:25 PM.

In that article the writer talks about Parrom's shooting and how it is greatly improving. Does anyone know how good of a shooter he is? Can you compare him to someone on this team like Dante?

Quote Originally Posted by stophorseabuse View Post
    Hettel, he also has a pivot and reverse pivot to be fair.

What make Anderson D-1 worthy is his INCREDIBLE ability to finish from any angle, his anticipation skills off his own misses, and his physical strength. He does handle it pretty well too. When he takes a shot he is an animal until the ball goes through the strings.

He is D-1 deficient in Size, 3 pt range, mid range, ft shooting, and athleticism.

If he wasn't just uncanny in his ability to finish he'd play D-2 ball.
    I agree, though CJ does have a pretty unreal first step, and is strong as hell.

The best I've seen him this year was against UC. He was kissing it off the glass with guys draped all over him. He's better when our offense is spread out and has to take his man off the dribble. He won't be denied at getting to the hoop, but when it's crowded he has problems. Having guys like Redford on the team are a blessing to CJ, as it prevents whomever is guarding the perimeter from coming in to help when CJ drives. You can't really guard Anderson one-on-one.

Quote Originally Posted by stophorseabuse View Post

He is D-1 deficient in size, 3 pt range, mid range, ft shooting, and athleticism.
    I agree with the first four. But I think he's very athletic. And he can handle the pretty the ball pretty well.

He actually has decent size. It's just that he's a 6'6" interior player who can't shoot. There aren't many of those around playing major college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    I agree, though CJ does have a pretty unreal first step, and is strong as hell.

The best I've seen him this year was against UC. He was kissing it off the glass with guys draped all over him. He's better when our offense is spread out and has to take his man off the dribble. He won't be denied at getting to the hoop, but when it's crowded he has problems. Having guys like Redford on the team are a blessing to CJ, as it prevents whomever is guarding the perimeter from coming in to help when CJ drives. You can't really guard Anderson one-on-one.
    My understanding is that CJ has changed his game from his days at Manhattan. I was under the impression that he took more jump shots in that system, though I could be mistaken.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Don't get me wrong. I like CJ quite a bit. He reminds me of a relief pitcher that throws a 100mph fastball, and you know that's all he's coming with.