Page 51 of 231 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

#2 also applies to singers of the national anthem at sporting events. We don't need a 5-minute rendition with you lengthening every note. Just sing the song so the game can start.

Gonna have to defend the head-singers, at least the ones on pitch with open pipes, only because there's an aspect of that you might not be considering. It feels good to let a note fly out. And if you are a little caught up in the communion aspect of church attendance (that is rejoicing with others, not the wine and wafer) it feels natural to let lose. Any prayer that I sing feels truer and purer than one I recite. So, yeah, you get me in church I'm probably going to piss you off by singing too loud.

Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post
    #2: Choir "Head singers" who act like every psalm is their American Idol tryout. They belt out notes that no one can match, smile smugly and wave their arms for us all to join in.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    Gonna have to defend the head-singers...So, yeah, you get me in church I'm probably going to piss you off by singing too loud.
    Now that you mention it, your avatar sort of gives a clue to this situation. (Not that I've ever heard you sing) I'm going to assume you are the choirmistress of the Lady Muskiette Chorus.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

kids.

More specifically kids at grocery stores.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Now that you mention it, your avatar sort of gives a clue to this situation. (Not that I've ever heard you sing) I'm going to assume you are the choirmistress of the Lady Muskiette Chorus.
    :D
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    kids.

More specifically kids at grocery stores.
    Kids at grocery stores with their parents chatting on a phone.
    --if you don't want to deal with your kids, what makes you think the rest of us do?
    Kids at grocery stores using roller shoes.
    --we should be allowed to slap any parent that lets their kids use those in an indoor public place.

The single 65 year old woman who sings in the church choir as a lead, totally going overboard, making it unbearable to listen to any song in church.

Calm down Old Single Aunt Cathy, no one thinks your voice is good, and no one wants you to sing anything acapella, ever.

I HATE dayton.

I just got ambushed by a dramatic one hour reenactment of the stations of the cross during Good Friday mass. It had better production value than a Michael Bay movie, and more musical numbers than RENT. So melodramatic. Oh L.A. you never cease to amaze.

I just got ambushed by a dramatic one hour reenactment of the stations of the cross during Good Friday mass. It had better production value than a Michael Bay movie, and more musical numbers than RENT. So melodramatic. Oh L.A. you never cease to amaze.

Slick Willie Sutton
    Lots of idiot xavier fans on this site

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Willie Sutton View Post
    Lots of idiot xavier fans on this site
    And one less asshole. Thanks for stopping by.