Page 3 of 231 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

My pet peeves:

People who preach to smokers about quitting. I don't smoke anymore, but when I did, it annoyed the hell out of me. when did that become socially acceptable? Can I, in turn, remind you of the fact that your fat and out of shape, and should lay down the jelly donuts?

Squeezing the toothpaste from the middle of the tube.

When people start sentences with "you need to..." There are only four people I take directives from: God, the better half, my boss and my boss's boss. If your not on that list, you betteer ask nicely or you won't get a favorable response.

People who get up and stand in the aisle the minute a plane stops rolling. Everyone must wait their turn, and you aren't going to gain much time by jumping in front of 2 people.

Those who drive slowly in the fast lane. I don't mind if you drive slow, but for gosh sakes get over in the far right lane. You aren't the only person on the road.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    People who get up and stand in the aisle the minute a plane stops rolling. Everyone must wait their turn, and you aren't going to gain much time by jumping in front of 2 people.
    . . . .and must immediately get on their cell phones. I have commented to some of the more egregious that they must be incredibly important people that they cannot wait a couple minutes to get into the terminal and must with all haste inform someone that 'Yeah, I'm here.' I mortified one young lady by pointing out we were in a very enclosed space, she was talking very loud and swearing, and children were around.

That ties into my general pet peeve - people utterly oblivious to their surroundings and lacking any consideration. Have the respect for others that a first grader has learned.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I just thought of another one.

TV commercials being soo much louder than the program you're watching.

Do they make a TV that compensates for the sound difference. There's money to be made on that one.
    I heard that legislation has actually been proposed to prevent this. It's called CALM: Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation.

When it is raining, and cars don't have their lights on...seriously, it is near impossible to see white and silver cars in your rear and side mirrors when on the highway and the spray from your tires and trucks is everywhere
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

My biggest pet peeve is when people start sentences with "I'll be honest with you..."

What? Are you not honest the rest of the time? Is there a reason you have to bring your honesty to my attention?

the other one that is rising rapidly that I'm learning at work is..."I know you are the director, but..."

But nothing. I know you know I'm the director. I don't come to work and ask myself, "do you think my staff knows that I am the director?" It's an backhanded slap to me, I'd rather you just come out and say, "you know what, you're stupid."
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

People who preach about the environment and energy consumption yet fly in private jets, own HUGE SUV's and own multiple, big-ass houses.
    Practice what you preach.
    Talent on loan from God

My pet peeve is that I don't own a private jet, huge SUVs and multiple houses.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Not to mention a movie room.
    Talent on loan from God

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    he didn't want her to end up in your trunk.
    I think that this makes an assumption about glow's girl that is not flattering and I assume (for glow's sake) that it isn't.