Page 216 of 231 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2309

Thread: Pet Peeves

He's just upset because, if you notice, I know the law on the subject, he does not. He's just a little upset about being proven wrong, yet again.

And Kahns? I see side streets where no car goes down them all day. What's your point about that?

Again, bike lanes are a courtesy, and if you didn't realize it, because obviously you don't, cyclists don't have to use them, there is NO law that comes close to when you say "where they belong". Learn the law before spouting off as if you have a clue on the subject. I ride in them because it's courtesy to do so, and safer. Did I or did I not cite the law on runners using the street? Where's your law that says anything of the sort about cyclists?

This is the pet peeves thread, it's a pet peeve of mine when runners use the bike lane illegally. It happens almost every time I bike around Cincy in the bike lanes. I even brought up the law on it. Your response? Name calling. Typical of you when you are, or course, shown that you were wrong.
    Last edited by PM Thor; 07-28-2015 at 08:05 PM.

The behavior of people driving in 75 construction is mind-boggling. I'm truly stunned that there aren't more accidents. I can only assume that there are enough attentive drivers that they manage to avoid getting hit/damaged but the large percentage of inattentive ones. This morning's biggest danger was some jerk in an over-sized SUV that decided he wanted in my lane even though the lines were solid white and he would have to drive me into the barrier to accomplish it. This happens often. Add to that the left hand laners who refuse to pass a truck in the construction zones, no matter how slow it's going, then speed up to 70 so you can't get around them. And the texters/cell phone talkers that drive just as erratically. It's no wonder I come into work grumpy most days.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    He's just upset because, if you notice, I know the law on the subject, he does not. He's just a little upset about being proven wrong, yet again.

And Kahns? I see side streets where no car goes down them all day. What's your point about that?

Again, bike lanes are a courtesy, and if you didn't realize it, because obviously you don't, cyclists don't have to use them, there is NO law that comes close to when you say "where they belong". Learn the law before spouting off as if you have a clue on the subject. I ride in them because it's courtesy to do so, and safer. Did I or did I not cite the law on runners using the street? Where's your law that says anything of the sort about cyclists?

This is the pet peeves thread, it's a pet peeve of mine when runners use the bike lane illegally. It happens almost every time I bike around Cincy in the bike lanes. I even brought up the law on it. Your response? Name calling. Typical of you when you are, or course, shown that you were wrong.
    You haven't shown me to be wrong on a point of law at all. I never said bikers were required by law to use the sidewalk. That was your twist on what i said. You said you wished that cops would "ticket these dolts" (I didn't start the name calling) that ride bikes on the sidewalk. I pointed out, correctly, that it is not per se illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk. In fact, state law specifically makes it legal to ride a bike on the sidewalk, but local laws may differ. In the city of Cincinnati, it is legal for anyone under 16 to ride a bike on the sidewalk.

It is also not per se illegal for a runner to be in the bike lane. See that word "practicable" in the code you cited? That means that if the use of the sidewalk would be unsafe for the person using it, they are legally entitled to be in the road, including the bike lane. I would guess that the interpretation of that "practicable" is pretty wide.

My point here, and the same point from the last time we had this brilliant back and forth, is that it's not that difficult to share resources especially when those resources are not often used. You don't need to run around citing law. When you do it comes across as selfish, which is exacerbated when you say things like "bike lanes are a courtesy" and that bikers can ride wherever they want.

You've seen my commentary in other threads that are all pro bike lane and bike path. Please, don't be the self centered kind of cyclist that makes me change my mind. Or at least don't be that way publicly.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Man, you sure are an odd duck. I never called you a dolt, I called those that ride their bikes on sidewalks downtown dolts...I was specifically calling adults that ride on sidewalks dolts, because I just assumed that people knew kids could ride their bikes on sidewalks and in Cincy (like most other places in Ohio) adults cannot (CMC 506-5), in Columbus they cannot, Cleveland they cannot, Toledo, dayton, on and on...the state does allow cyclists onto sidewalks, but most communities ban adults from doing it. Fair enough?

Yeah, the runners in Hyde Park, Walnut Hills, Oakley sure have to worry about those horrible sidewalks that are there. I really feel that those sidewalks are just so horrible, so dangerous that those runners have to be out in the street. I mean, they are just so dangerous, they should just tear them out every 3 years and redo them in gold because they are so unusable. What fantasyland do you live in?

Gotta love your use of the per se by the way. Nice spin on not admitting that you were wrong.

I'll say it yet again, this is a PET PEEVES thread. It's meant to be about minor annoyances in life. Like runners being out in a bike lane. Or people who don't signal. Don't get so bent out of shape about it, it's just a pet peeve.

And don't lecture me about how I should come across on a subject. I don't give two flying donkeys about your opinion of me. Your opinion of me has no relevance whatsoever about bicycling laws. If I'm a douche, that doesn't have any relevance as to whether my cycling on the road (or paths) is legal. I think some people are complete idiots, but that doesn't mean they don't have rights too.

I think I just insulted myself.

Last edited by PM Thor; 08-03-2015 at 05:02 PM.

I guess I'm a Dolt because until you two started yapping at each other, I had no idea that adults were not suppose to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I guess I'm a Dolt because until you two started yapping at each other, I had no idea that adults were not suppose to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk.
    Are you a bicycler? If you ride your bike on the public right of way you are required to know the law. If your biking experience is limited to trails and neighborhoods, not sure why you'd pay attention to the biking laws.

Today's driving Pet Peeve: why isn't it legal to tap someone's bumper when you catch them texting in traffic? Can't we pass a law that it's ok to give someone a little love tap for that and require they pay any resulting damages?

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    Man, you sure are an odd duck. I never called you a dolt, I called those that ride their bikes on sidewalks downtown dolts..

So just so I'm clear, it's cool for you call other people names, it's just not cool when people do it to you?

Add that to my pet peeves.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    Today's driving Pet Peeve: why isn't it legal to tap someone's bumper when you catch them texting in traffic? Can't we pass a law that it's ok to give someone a little love tap for that and require they pay any resulting damages?
    I love to get close to texters and lay on the horn. Always scares the shit out of them because they obviously have no idea what is going on.
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    So just so I'm clear, it's cool for you call other people names, it's just not cool when people do it to you?

Add that to my pet peeves.
    Yep, exactly right. Except I didn't call any other single person a name. Did I insult you by calling people who ride their bikes on the sidewalk downtown dolts? Do you do that, because if you do, then you don't know simple traffic law. And Madxster, do you ride your bike on the sidewalk or were you just ignorant of that law? Those are two separate things. If someone is going to use a vehicle for travel, they need to know the traffic laws.

Pet Peeve, someone who nitpicks another persons simple post about a pet peeve.

Oh and spoiled people. Like when someone gets invited to go to the Mid-Ohio IndyCar race by Graham Rahal, but don't go because they've "been there, done that"....and then Rahal ends up winning the race. Damn those spoiled people.
    Last edited by PM Thor; 08-04-2015 at 03:14 PM.