Page 178 of 231 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2308

Thread: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    Manuals are simply fun to drive. I miss having a five speed. Hell, I purposely drove a manual through high school, college and most my twenties as a method if no one asking to borrow my pick up.
    Unless you spend most of your time driving in rush hour traffic. Then a manual just sucks.

I know someone who can't even drive an automatic, but damn does she look good in the passenger seat.

My wife drove a 5-speed Honda Prelude when we first started dating. One of about 500 reasons why I am a very lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Everybody with a trophy wife should have manual transmission cars.
    That will keep her from bolting on you once she figures it all out.
    Paul from deep....And it Counts!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I have always had a manual transmission in my car. I know that if I lived in LA, I would probably feel differently. But I don't and damn, a stick is fun to drive. Plus it gives you an alternative to braking if you need to slow down and braking is not a good way to do it.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I get preferences, me peeve is with those who have chosen to never learn the fundamentally easy basics. It goes up there with changing a tire.

I would certainly never let any young person in my household start driving without this skill. What happens when you are out at a party, and you got a ride with someone that drives a stick. They drink too much, or get injured or sick. Do you ride home with them anyway? Why would anyone let themselves be vulnerable in that situation?
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Pet Peeves

My wife and I were at the Auto Expo over the weekend. She really liked the Fiat 500L as a possible winter / bad weather car. The model on display had an automatic transmission. My wife's comment was that she'd only want one if she could get the manual transmission. Yep. I love her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Pet Peeves

New pet peeve. Why does very old man at any fitness center/gym feel the need to hang out naked. Let's stand here naked talking to each other. Oh I have a towel, I'll put it over my shoulder. They just sit naked on the couches and benches.
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

New pet peeve. Why does very old man at any fitness center/gym feel the need to hang out naked. Let's stand here naked talking to each other. Oh I have a towel, I'll put it over my shoulder. They just sit naked on the couches and benches.
    ditto...or they are standing on the towel while they are shaving. also, the guy who walks from the fitness floor to the locker room with his shirt off. i just don't get it.

Agreed 100%. I've left two gyms because of this in particular. The towel over the shoulder especially gets me. I've concluded they either just don't care anymore, or they are actually trying to take over the gym.