Page 176 of 231 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2308

Thread: Pet Peeves

Assclowns that use the regular door right next to the revolving door when it is 20 degrees out. I realize you aren't paying for the heat, but c'mon man!

Also, the office idiot that says "See you next year" on December 31st like he's the first one to think of it.
    Last edited by Kahns Krazy; 12-31-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Assclowns that use the regular door right next to the revolving door when it is 20 degrees out. I realize you aren't paying for the heat, but c'mon man!
    I'm totally that guy. I despise revolving doors, I'm tall and hit my foot on the front or the back end every stride.

People who use the words "class", "classy", "Classless", etc. when describing a sporting event. Since when are sports classy? We're not playing cricket here, people. Does anyone really care if the players on the court are classy or not? And has anyone ever though their own team to be classless but the other team to be full of class? No. No one anywhere has ever thought that. Ever.

People who try to put down an opposing fan base by saying something so vague and idiotic like "I have several friends who were attacked at Cintas and will now never ever ever return ever." Please! Is this similar to how I know people who know people who ran into Bigfoot when camping in Northern Michigan? Give me a break. Either make genuine arguments or shut up and go home!
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    People who use the words "class", "classy", "Classless", etc. when describing a sporting event. Since when are sports classy? We're not playing cricket here, people. Does anyone really care if the players on the court are classy or not? And has anyone ever though their own team to be classless but the other team to be full of class? No. No one anywhere has ever thought that. Ever.

People who try to put down an opposing fan base by saying something so vague and idiotic like "I have several friends who were attacked at Cintas and will now never ever ever return ever." Please! Is this similar to how I know people who know people who ran into Bigfoot when camping in Northern Michigan? Give me a break. Either make genuine arguments or shut up and go home!
    I get what you are saying but two things come to mind:

1. Cricket IS a sport.

2. I'm fairly certain the fans of the old Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics teams knew their teams had no "class" and that they were heavily "out-classed" against every team in the NBA except the other. Oh...and they didn't give a crap about that because they won.

In other words I mostly agree with you. But I have to say that I personally do care. Especially when it comes to Xavier because the product on the court reflects on the entire university (and hence my diploma).

My pet peeve is a little related: When people come up with bullshit explanations for why a player/team isn't classy or why a player lacks character. Those people that basically make shit up or blow something way out of proportion in order to smear a player.

People who say Bigfoot isn't real.

And btw, he's not classy.

Bobby Petrino not yet being named head football coach at Louisville. What are you waiting for Jurich?

Oh, and also not classy.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I get what you are saying but two things come to mind:

1. Cricket IS a sport.

2. I'm fairly certain the fans of the old Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics teams knew their teams had no "class" and that they were heavily "out-classed" against every team in the NBA except the other. Oh...and they didn't give a crap about that because they won.

In other words I mostly agree with you. But I have to say that I personally do care. Especially when it comes to Xavier because the product on the court reflects on the entire university (and hence my diploma).
    I know that you think you know more about everything on this planet than all the rest of us combined, but do you honestly think I didn't know cricket was a sport? Honestly?
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    I know that you think you know more about everything on this planet than all the rest of us combined, but do you honestly think I didn't know cricket was a sport? Honestly?
    No. It was a joke.

9 PM games that take over 2.5 hours.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick