Page 13 of 231 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    The white lines for the crosswalk are not the stop line. The stop line is well short of the crosswalk, yet idiots always pull up to the crosswalk line, totally ignoring the stop line. Big pet peeve of mine.
    I always feel like an ass in this situation, but don't know how to do it any different:

Red light, I'm turning right on red when traffic clears. Start of light, there's traffic but no pedestrians, so I'm pulled up to the corner to see traffic. By the time the traffic is clearing, pedestrians who have arrived now have to awkwardly go around me.

This mostly happens in downtown city driving.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
    Yeah, my dad drives 55 in the left lane. It's not that he doesn't know better or doesn't notice his speed, he does it on purpose. To him that is the proper speed and F everyone who wants to go faster, they are idiots. He's a real piece of work. So when I was a kid and rode with him, people would pass us on the right, and I would be in the passenger seat looking at them as they flipped us off, yelled F you, etc. It happened every time we took the highway.

Good times.
    Wow. I would not handle that well.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    [B][COLOR="Navy"]

I preach "Share The Road", but actually pay attention to the laws of the road. It pays to not be a hypocrite. And yes, I am a cyclist. Ha.

I HATE dayton.
    The cyclist part may have just been there to bait you...

I have no problem sharing the road. I go out of my way to give bikes an extra wide berth when passing, and have no problem waiting behind a bike for a clear spot to pass. But once I've passed you (general biker you, not Thor you), I'm done with you. I don't want you sliding up on my right at the next red light so we have to play the same stupd game again. I'm far more likely to hit you the second time around.

By the way Thor - are you doing the Hyde Park Blast races this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    13.1 and 26.2 bumper stickers...like anyone gives a flying fig that you spend your free time running around the city.

Hey, look at me, I run half marathons.... Eat a freakin dick
    For some reason, I don't mind the 26.2 ones. If that's your thing, whatever. It's a marathon. There's history to it.

The 13.1 ones to me are rediculous. It's like a bumper sticker that says "I quit halfway". Should I get a "3.1" sticker for doing the Reggae Run, even though I'm really only doing it for the beers at the end?
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah that would really piss me off. Its not up to your dad to regulate that speed of others. I bet he got a good laugh at pissing people off tho. I never get to the point where I flip people off or anything like that, but I just get very annoyed.
    Just to be clear to everyone, I don't blame the people for flipping my dad off, I agree with them. The left lane is for passing, get the hell over.
    Last edited by RealDeal; 06-11-2010 at 01:44 PM.

All-Conference
    You're on a 5 lane road (middle lane is for turning). You're turning left. The people coming the other way (closest to the turn lane) purposely stop to let you turn, not realizing that the person turning cannot see anyone coming behind them in the "curb" lane (especially if the person letting you in is driving a large SUV). Then they sit there and wave you on like you're some kind of moron when you don't turn.

Hey moron, I'm not going to turn just because you're waving me to get slammed by the oncoming car in the curb lane going 55 mph.

So, I guess I hate people trying to be helpful when they're actually on the verge of killing someone.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Those damn noise makers at the World Cup.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

My biggest pet peeve is Muskie giving LH posting rights.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post

I have no problem sharing the road. I go out of my way to give bikes an extra wide berth when passing, and have no problem waiting behind a bike for a clear spot to pass. But once I've passed you (general biker you, not Thor you), I'm done with you. I don't want you sliding up on my right at the next red light so we have to play the same stupd game again. I'm far more likely to hit you the second time around.

I agree, unless there is a dedicated bike lane on the street involved. It really bugs me when cyclists don't pay attention to laws of the road. If you want to be considered as equal to other vehicles, then the same laws freaking apply.

As for the Hyde Park Blast, I'm really considering it. I haven't trained for it all, and I'm out of shape, but this is the exact same circumstance as last year. I nearly threw up during the race, but it was FUN. Didn't even finish, but it was great. So yeah, I'm leaning towards doing it.

I HATE dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Wow. I would not handle that well.

For some reason, I don't mind the 26.2 ones. If that's your thing, whatever. It's a marathon. There's history to it.

The 13.1 ones to me are rediculous. It's like a bumper sticker that says "I quit halfway". Should I get a "3.1" sticker for doing the Reggae Run, even though I'm really only doing it for the beers at the end?
    Hilarious. I've done several full and half marathons but have none of those stickers on my car. I also don't go around wearing my flying pig t-shirts all over the place. You're right: no one really cares.
    Zip'em Up!

People who drive really slow in the left passing lane and then when you get in the right lane to pass them, they speed up, even when no one else is around. You then either end up driving along side them because they're finally going the speed you wanted to go or you end up going 85 just to pass them, in which case, they go back to their original slow speed.

People on flights in first class who don't put their little complimentary water bottles in the seat pockets in front of them and instead leave them to sit on the arm rest tray. Then on take off, during turbulence, or even during landing, the bottles inevitably go rolling all over the place or fall in my lap. You may not want that free bottle of water but don't make it my problem.

People that call you and within 10 seconds put you on hold. Unless it could be a piece of information that could be important to me, just call me back.

People not respecting a thing called personal space when traveling, especially at airports. I don't need to feel you and/or your bag up against me at all times. A bump followed by an apology is okay, it happens but the constant contact is bothersome, especially when you're talking on your cell phone, repeatedly coughing, or are sweating profusely.

Going into a restaurant along, ordering enough food to feed a small army, and the person behind the counter asking if that will be for here or to go. No bitch, I just ordered half of a pig and 5 large sides and its obviously just me, it will be for here and I just need one spoon. WTF.

Skeeting on a bitch and her asking for a towel to clean it up. Lap that shit up and consider yourself lucky that I dropped a load on your face or at least be better prepared. Jeez, the women of today.

Microwave popcorn. Can't stand the smell or the people who eat it. Should be a death penalty offense. Or, at least a felony.