Page 11 of 231 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Stupid Commercials like the Castrol Oil "You're thinking w/ your dipstick Jimmy!" campaign....smack! Could that be run anymore in one night of TV viewing?

Man, I want to hit that guy upside the head.
    Rick Pitino was thinking with his dipstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Stupid Commercials like the Castrol Oil "You're thinking w/ your dipstick Jimmy!" campaign....smack! Could that be run anymore in one night of TV viewing?

Man, I want to hit that guy upside the head.
    Watching X games on Fox Sports is the worst for seeing the same annoying commercial over and over and over.

On a road with two lanes in the same direction, like Columbia Parkway eastbound... when the douchenozzle in the left lane is matching speed identically to the douchenozzle in the right lane.

The level of douchenozzlery increases exponentially for every mile per hour these fart sniffers are going slower.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

I also had this one last night.

Hostess: It will be a 45 minute to an hour wait to sit outside.
    Me (to significant female person): What do you think?
    SFP: I don't care, it's up to you.
    Me (to hostess): Okay, we'll wait at the bar.
    SFP: I'm hungry now. Can't we just eat inside?

I can't figure this out. Am I supposed to be guessing what the SFP wants, or does she actually not make up her mind until I have made a decision? Either way, I lose.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I can't figure this out. Am I supposed to be guessing what the SFP wants, or does she actually not make up her mind until I have made a decision? Either way, I lose.
    From what I know about women, you are supposed to guess what the SFP wants, and you are supposed to guess right. If you guess wrong however, most chicks will do the same thing as your SFP did here, and just tell you they want to do the opposite.

She was testing you. Sounds like you failed this test. Better luck next time and I hope she is at least under 50 years old this time.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

People who clip their fingernails at work. The guy next to me in my cube does it often.

Bike riders who preach the "share the road" thing, then ride between two lanes of cars at an intersection.

Bike riders who call themselves "cyclists".
    -Matt McCormick

People who don't signal while turning.
    People who drive slowly in the fast lane.
    Those freaking bright blue/white headlights on certain cars, blinding oncoming traffic.
    People who wear headphones while driving. You kind of have to hear what's going on around you.

And then, my work ones.

911 is NOT YOUR PERSONAL DOCTOR. Don't call 911 for a headache, toothache, having the flu, a boil, or a sunburn. Get some personal responsibility already. Ambulances aren't there to be your personal glorified taxi to the hospital.
    Pull to the RIGHT. Not left. Don't just freaking stop in front of an emergency vehicle. Also, don't freak out when an emergency vehicle comes up behind you. Just pull to the RIGHT.

Dammit. I shouldn't have written this. Now I'm pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Bike riders who preach the "share the road" thing, then ride between two lanes of cars at an intersection.

Bike riders who call themselves "cyclists".
    I preach "Share The Road", but actually pay attention to the laws of the road. It pays to not be a hypocrite. And yes, I am a cyclist. Ha.

I HATE dayton.
    Last edited by PM Thor; 06-10-2010 at 03:46 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    People who drive slowly in the fast lane.

[/COLOR][/B]
    DING DING DING!

My biggest pet peeve ever! Im getting worked up just thinking about it. Its not even people who are just driving slow, it is slower than me. Even if you are going over the speed limit, if a car is coming up behind you going faster and you have space to get over, then freaking get over. The left lane is not meant to cruise in, or even drive in. If you arent passing someone, drive in the right lane.

How are people ignorant to these things?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    By far my number one is people driving slow in the left lane on the highway. Ugh! A couple of points to mention.

1. I dont care if you are driving above the speed limit or what you think is fast, if I am behind you and driving faster get the **** out of the way.

2. The left lane isnt even meant for driving in. It is meant for passing. I hate it when there is no one in any of the other lanes and someone is driving in the left lane, get the **** over.

3. If I am right behind you clearly wanting you to get over when there is no one in the other lane and I flash my lights that isnt me saying hello, get over.

I deal with stupid people driving like this all the time on my trips to/from St. Louis. Most the time if possible I will just go around the person if there is room to the right but sometimes I dont just because of the principle of the matter. Also if I do that it should be a freaking sign for you to get over.
    Ha, I had to look back in this thread. I figured that I already had posted about slow people in the left lane.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17