Page 225 of 231 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2308

Thread: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    This election.

I get to pick between a freaking fucktard and a douche nozzle. Where is the No Confidence vote?
    I am going with Gary Johnson as a protest
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    You obviously have forgotten Joe Sunderman mentioning "George Warshington" in the past.
    Now that you mention it... I can recall Joe doing that.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    This election.

I get to pick between a freaking fucktard and a douche nozzle. Where is the No Confidence vote?
    I will probably be writing in Chris Mack. Why not?
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I will probably be writing in Chris Mack. Why not?
    Why Not? He has far more important work to do!

Bots on a message board.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Been looking back at the Pet Peeves thread from the beginning - I think it's time for me to weigh in since I will finally be getting lessons in the near future:

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    I agree that parents shouldn't let their kid ruin everyone's experience just because they paid for something, but tossing a kid in the water isn't the answer. I have an aunt that was tossed into a lake by an uncle when she was a kid and is still traumatized today. As she continues to tell me every time I see her near water. Pretty soon I'll have trauma by proxy.

Which leads me to my recent pet peeve: people that dwell on the same negative stories for years and years.
    That's a lot easier to say when you're not on the receiving end of such an incident. While something happened to me as a young kid that was self-inflicted, it does create a mental block that's harder to overcome as a kid. Which brings me to:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you threw this kid into the deep end, he'd drown or come damn close. He cries non-stop and screams when the teacher tries to take him away from the wall of the pool. When I posted my original post this morning, I think the kid almost hyperventilated and had almost climbed from the water to the top of the lifeguard/teacher's head. This kid is about 6 and I've never seen anything like it before in my life. He starts crying as they enter the gate to the pool. It's incredible.

In addition to his overwhelming fear of swimming, his mother is adding to his problems by saying things like "I wish you were more like your brother John. Do you see how great John is at swimming? John loves the water. Why can't you be like John and love the water too?"

Every time she opens her mouth I think to myself "You're going to make this kid's therapist a very, very wealthy person, and good luck getting little Matt to come around you when you're old and dying."
    You got my name right, but I was definitely not the one enjoying myself in the pool. Many kids learn to swim just from a safety perspective, but many learn simply because they want to have fun, or rather their parents convince them it will be fun. I can definitely say that people will be even less willing to learn when it becomes more of a chore than a fun activity. That's why I'm more emphathetic to little John than the rest of the board is.

I will now step aside and eagerly await the posters who will now rake me over the coals.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Is that in NY or back here in Ohio?

Here in Ohio.

Last edited by PM Thor; 10-21-2016 at 03:55 PM.

The length-wise cut pickles on a Potbelly sandwich.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

"For the ages" as a sports trope. Replacing the deadly "iconic" as most overused. Absolutely.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.