Page 226 of 231 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2308

Thread: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Been looking back at the Pet Peeves thread from the beginning - I think it's time for me to weigh in since I will finally be getting lessons in the near future:

"...Which leads me to my recent pet peeve: people that dwell on the same negative stories for years and years."

That's a lot easier to say when you're not on the receiving end of such an incident. While something happened to me as a young kid that was self-inflicted, it does create a mental block that's harder to overcome as a kid.
    This was my aunt and I was still a child when she started telling me the story in detail. That's more a way to make others as freaked out as you. I prefer my mother's practice of NOT freaking your kids out about the irrational things that bothered you. And my aunt has a tendency to always dwell on the negative. She likes to see herself as someone that has overcome so many obstacles and is always prepared to recount them for you. There isn't a story you can tell that she cannot relate back to herself, even if the question is as simple as "do you want to swim with us?" It would be different if it were one thing in an otherwise full and varied conversational relationship.

People who ask "Sick of the weather up there yet, bet you miss Cincinnati!".

No. No I knew what I was getting into by moving into Central New York. Yes, a 3 foot snowfall before Thanksgiving is unusual, but in reality, I love snowstorms and the cold. I'm having a blast, even if you don't think it looks fun, for me, it actually is a great time.

And by the way, after that huge amount of snowfall, the roads here are clear, less than 12 hours later. Cincinnati would lose their collective minds with this amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    People who ask "Sick of the weather up there yet, bet you miss Cincinnati!".

No. No I knew what I was getting into by moving into Central New York. Yes, a 3 foot snowfall before Thanksgiving is unusual, but in reality, I love snowstorms and the cold. I'm having a blast, even if you don't think it looks fun, for me, it actually is a great time.

And by the way, after that huge amount of snowfall, the roads here are clear, less than 12 hours later. Cincinnati would lose their collective minds with this amount of snow.
    Welcome to the north brother. I like the Eskimo look on you!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

A little bit of a learning curve (plow guys SUCK) but it's beautiful country and I can go outside wearing a fur hat and nobody thinks it's odd. My kind of place.

Realizing half way through dinner you've broken a molar and will need an appointment for a crown first thing in the morning.

Escalator handrails moving faster than the steps.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

People who don't respond to the latest email in a chain and instead bring the conversation back several hours... days... years... millennia...

WE'VE ALREADY MOVED ON. Please join us in the future.

When people mix politics with sports.

I come to this site as an outlet and when I go to a thread for sports I prefer to read about sports. When I go to a thread about politics I prefer to read about politics.

Not a pet peeve but....There are great people on here that I follow on twitter too. But for me twitter is another outlet for me regarding sports. I typically unfollow if someone starts talking politics regardless of which side of the fence they are on. Nothing wrong with it, just a personal preference.
    Balls of Steele!!

Why does hotel sausage always taste like dog shit
    Balls of Steele!!