Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I hate when people sing "Sweet Caroline" at bars and even more when they shout the 'bom, bom, bom" part. It is lame and far from original anymore. In fact, it was never even cool. I cringe everytime the song is played anywhere.
    I second that.
    Eat Donuts!

People who talk on their cell phone in an elevator.

Agreed 89. Also people who use headsets in unnecessary situations. It's one thing in the car when you're by yourself. It's another thing totally to be in public talking loudly, apparently to yourself or to me.

I like to just respond to these people as though I am the other half of the conversation. Eventually they get angry and point to their ear. Not hands free anymore, is it, biatch?
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Agreed 89. Also people who use headsets in unnecessary situations. It's one thing in the car when you're by yourself. It's another thing totally to be in public talking loudly, apparently to yourself or to me.

I like to just respond to these people as though I am the other half of the conversation. Eventually they get angry and point to their ear. Not hands free anymore, is it, biatch?
    There is a hilarious scene in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry David is in a restaurant by himself and mocks one of these guys on the headsets sitting next to him. David starts having a conversation with the empty chair across from him.

Quote Originally Posted by xu 89 View Post
    People who talk on their cell phone in an elevator.
    People who talk on the phone in the public bathroom...on SPEAKERPHONE!

I just had to listen to a guy getting told that he doesn't respect her and he doesn't deserve her...his response, "ok..whatever"

I'm just trying to use the facilities, people!
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by XU05and07 View Post

I just had to listen to a guy getting told that he doesn't respect her and he doesn't deserve her...his response, "ok..whatever"

I don't know if that's better or worse than him telling her that he'll "respect the fuck out of her".

Quote Originally Posted by XU05and07 View Post

I hate that one too. Who has conversations in bathrooms! I was at the gym last week and this chick was on the phone the entire time, during the flush and all. How would you like to be on the phone with someone and hear all those bathroom sounds and a toilet flushing? It's like saying "your call is so important to me I'm going to cop a squat while we're talking."

There are a couple ladies on my floor at work who like to hold long conversations in the rest room while others are trying to go about their business and get out of there. I think that's worse than the cell phone talkers. I'm tempted to bring a whoopee cushion in there with me some day to add some background noise for them. Maybe then they'll get the idea.

I didn't read through the thread to see if this one has been posted...but yesterday's weather caused me to think of another one...

When a traffic light is out at an intersection...it becomes a 4-way stop...how some people passed their driving test amazes me
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

Stupid Commercials like the Castrol Oil "You're thinking w/ your dipstick Jimmy!" campaign....smack! Could that be run anymore in one night of TV viewing?

Man, I want to hit that guy upside the head.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Stupid Commercials like the Castrol Oil "You're thinking w/ your dipstick Jimmy!" campaign....smack! Could that be run anymore in one night of TV viewing?

Man, I want to hit that guy upside the head.
    Rick Pitino was thinking with his dipstick.