Thread: Spoiled

Spoiled

The end of last season was a great time for XU hoops on the recruiting front and it was obviously a blessing for the fans as well. But, at the same time, I think it spoiled us as well. At least that's the case here.

The end of the season gave us names like Frease, Redford and Lyons, so now that our season has ended, this time with a run to the Elite 8, I have been waiting for reports that players like Ari Stewart have decided to play at X.

Technically, I guess we did add Holloway to the mix after the season, but he's part of next year's class. I'm looking for guys in that following group and, so far, nothing is happening. Quite frankly, it's getting a little boring and, to some extent, disappointing. I want names and commitments...NOW!

Again, I realize it's the result of being spoiled by what happened last year. And, as most probably understand, I don't actually expect a handful of top recruits to commit to X every year at the end of our season. But last year was so exciting that it would be nice to have just a fraction of that now.

(So who will be the first one to commit?)

I've been thinking the same thing. The recruiting news last year came early and often.

I know a lot of the '09 kids will start verballing over the next few months. A lot of kids want to get the whole recruiting thing out of the way before their final year in HS.

I know Sean and company have offerred a lot of guys for '09, so it will be exciting to see who wants to become Musketeers.

If Sean can get Ari, Holsey, Shannon, Lawrence, Still, Baskin, Hibbert, etc it will be worth the wait.

Sophomore
    Hibbert is going to Texas A&M so we can cross him off.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

I'm just guessing, but could it be that the higher level recruits we have been going after take longer to decide? Maybe we just got lucky last year with everyone committing so early.
    Eat Donuts!

I guess this is the nature of recruiting. When it's good, it's reall, really good. And when it's bad, it's really, really bad.

maybe there's something we all can do to help recruiting.

(I'm sorry, really bad joke).

Sophomore
    I definitely agree. Every day I have been logging into Rivals hoping to see something new and exciting.

I realize its unrealistic, but I want commitments in the next month or so...GIVE ME XAVIER NEWS.

I am a Reds, Bengals, Notre Dame football and Xavier fan...

I only seem to get satisfaction out of Xavier!